Run The Jewels

These guys are the best things going on in hip-hop. You can download their second record from their website. Go do that, then do the good thing and pay to download their first record.

Gangsta-style hip-hop over EDM beats and bass drops. Killer Mike is incredible.

So, I'm going to assume this means I'm a trendsetter in hip-hop too? I mean, I knew that was the case with most other music, but I was sure I was sucking hind tit when it comes to being ahead of the game on hip-hop.

One of my favorite lines in hip hop history is "Glitter, glisten, gloss, floss. I catch a beat runnin' like Randy Moss".

Killer Mike is fantastic and I've enjoyed both RTJ albums, but they haven't had much staying power so far on my daily playlist. Already moved to an occasional listen even though I enjoyed it right out of the download...

Gotta dig deep in all 3 verses. But if you missed it the first time around, I get it...

Don't get me wrong, there's great stuff there. I guess I like something where I can "marinate on that for a minute."

Don't get me wrong, there's great stuff there. I guess I like something where I can "marinate on that for a minute."

Yeah, it was most certainly one of the more aggressive tracks they put out. Mike was perfect for that middle spot in a loud social commentary...

• 2 years later...
So, I'm going to assume this means I'm a trendsetter in hip-hop too? I mean, I knew that was the case with most other music, but I was sure I was sucking hind tit when it comes to being ahead of the game on hip-hop.

I would never go as far as claiming to be on top of hip hop, and nowhere near a trendsetter of said genre, but because it's been ticklin' my ear of late I posted this tune on the "New Music" thread on Aug 1st...just sayin'... :D

But admittedly, this so far is the only thing that I've heard by them...

I listened to the videos posted by @gametime and @B-Ball-fan ........I'm left scratching my head wondering, "what the hell did I just listen to?"

For the life of me I will never get hip hop/rap.....to each his own.

LB reminds me of this from The Last Boy Scout:

"Well just once, I would like to hear you scream, in pain".

Joe Hallenbeck: "Play some rap music."