Highlands 7 Bishop Brossart 2 (Frosh)

H Factor

Baby Birds win 7-2 over Brossart. Birds start off slow down 2-0 after 3. Bats woke up in bottom of 4th. Plate 2 runs in 4th, 3 runs in 5th, and 2 more in 6th.

Adam Uhlenbrock started on the hump and lasted 3 innings. Grady Kramer comes in relief and gets the win. He pitched shutout ball and only gave up 2 hits. Grady has bright future in pitching and hits good too.

Bryce Ziegler had the hot bat going 3-4, 3 doubles, and 3 RBI's. His one out was a shot to the warning track in centerfield. Sam Hennigan 1-3 with 2 out 2 RBI single. Jackson Daly with 2 doubles.

Brossart started #15 on the bump and finished with #5 or #7 . S/O to #11 Trent Parker. His 1st start at shortstop with 5 very smooth put outs and no errors.

Grady Cramer and Bryce Zeigler are both 8th graders. Cramer is a crafty pitcher and Zeigler can rake. Congrats to the Baby Birds.

BTW, I think ALL of the players for Brossart frosh are 8th graders, at least they were when Campbell started a game with them last week before rain ended it.

HHS playing any younger kids up on the Frosh? How many they have out this year?

Baby Birds have 5 8th graders playing Frosh. There is a total of 19-20 players on the Frosh. I believe they kept 17 9th graders with 3 playing JV.

Baby Birds have 5 8th graders playing Frosh. There is a total of 19-20 players on the Frosh. I believe they kept 17 9th graders with 3 playing JV.

When you say they kept 17th 9th graders, does that mean some 9th graders did not make the team ahead of the 8th graders? Just curious if that was common all around. Campbell also kept 8th graders but cut freshmen. Seems a bit wrong, but if that is how it is ...

BTW, I think ALL of the players for Brossart frosh are 8th graders, at least they were when Campbell started a game with them last week before rain ended it.

I was told that Brossart frosh is all 8th graders. They brought down 2 9th graders who mostly play JV. Brossart was short handed because of a school science fair.

When you say they kept 17th 9th graders, does that mean some 9th graders did not make the team ahead of the 8th graders? Just curious if that was common all around. Campbell also kept 8th graders but cut freshmen. Seems a bit wrong, but if that is how it is ...

Highlands seems to have done a good job of keeping plenty of Frosh to develop but also bringing up some of the better 8th Graders to get that experience. In fact I thought I heard where 8th grader Grady Cramer also played some JV last week. Maybe someone in the know can confirm.

I was told 2 9th graders were cut but not sure if that info is correct. I'm thinking majority of the high school teams keep the best players regardless of grade.

smh ... you can never convince me this is the right thing to do.

Highlands seems to have done a good job of keeping plenty of Frosh to develop but also bringing up some of the better 8th Graders to get that experience. In fact I thought I heard where 8th grader Grady Cramer also played some JV last week. Maybe someone in the know can confirm.

During Springbreak the JV was short handed so they did move some players back and forth from JV to Frosh. I did hear that Grady and Cooper saw some JV action but not sure how much.