Withrow, OH 40 Holmes 14

mcpapa

Sorry to see that, but not surprised considering the amount of yardage Withrow was able to put up on Highlands a few weeks back. Holmes isn't there yet, but all they really have to worry about at this point is beating Harrison next week for the district title. Best of luck, Dogs.

Sorry to see that, but not surprised considering the amount of yardage Withrow was able to put up on Highlands a few weeks back. Holmes isn't there yet, but all they really have to worry about at this point is beating Harrison next week for the district title. Best of luck, Dogs.

Agreed. Withrow actually has a nice football team this year. I think some folks erroneously concluded that Withrow wasn't very good when they got shellacked by Winton Woods. First WW has a very nice team this year and even if Withrow had played a perfect game, Withrow may have still lost. But I saw the game on tape and Withrow played absolutely horrible in that game. Unforced fumble on the first offensive play, which WW returned for a TD. I think it was on Withrow's second possession (it's been a few weeks since I saw the tape), Withrow's punter actually missed the football when he attempted to punt it and WW recovered the ball deep in Withrow territory. On the last play of the first half, on WW's two yard line, on a screen pass the Withrow QB threw the ball right to a WW defender who returned the ball for a TD. And those were just SOME of the bad mistakes made by Withrow in that game!

Credit to Doc Gamble and his assistant coaches (including Kevin Eichmann, a former Highlands asst coach) for getting the Withrow players to focus and eliminate all the stupid mistakes. I think Withrow has only lost to WW and Highlands this year. Do they have an outside shot of making the playoffs?

Withrow may be the only team that Holmes faces this year that actually has more natural and pure athletes on its team than Holmes does. Holmes should win a couple of playoff games. I don't think they are ready yet to beat the likes of Bell, Boyle or LexCath, but they are really building something in Covington. Keep it going Bulldogs. :thumb:

Agreed. Withrow actually has a nice football team this year. I think some folks erroneously concluded that Withrow wasn't very good when they got shellacked by Winton Woods. First WW has a very nice team this year and even if Withrow had played a perfect game, Withrow may have still lost. But I saw the game on tape and Withrow played absolutely horrible in that game. Unforced fumble on the first offensive play, which WW returned for a TD. I think it was on Withrow's second possession (it's been a few weeks since I saw the tape), Withrow's punter actually missed the football when he attempted to punt it and WW recovered the ball deep in Withrow territory. On the last play of the first half, on WW's two yard line, on a screen pass the Withrow QB threw the ball right to a WW defender who returned the ball for a TD. And those were just SOME of the bad mistakes made by Withrow in that game!

Credit to Doc Gamble and his assistant coaches (including Kevin Eichmann, a former Highlands asst coach) for getting the Withrow players to focus and eliminate all the stupid mistakes. I think Withrow has only lost to WW and Highlands this year. Do they have an outside shot of making the playoffs?

Withrow may be the only team that Holmes faces this year that actually has more natural and pure athletes on its team than Holmes does. Holmes should win a couple of playoff games. I don't think they are ready yet to beat the likes of Bell, Boyle or LexCath, but they are really building something in Covington. Keep it going Bulldogs. :thumb:

I thought that Doc went to Fairfield??:idunno: