Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

dixievb07

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by dixievb07

  1. I had heard that NCC has a nice group of kids coming in as freshman. Also isn't there a younger Moeves that is going to be a freshman also?
  2. I had heard that NCC has a nice group of kids coming in as freshman. Also isn't there a younger Moeves that is going to be a freshman also?
  3. Agree at the post position.. But will help at the PG play which is much needed..
  4. Can anyone confirm what time the finals start this Sunday 3/3? BOK website says 6pm but I head from a coach game time is 2pm. Might need to leave now if the traffic was like last night
  5. All games are to be played today at Turkey Foot Middle School First game at 10am girls 6th grade followed by boys 6 grade girls 7 boy 7 girls 8 boy 8th at 4:15. Game times are 1hr 15min apart
  6. Where is this place at?
  7. What does that tell you about your program when the boys game is first?
  8. What time did this game start?
  9. I was told from someone at the game the kid was taken out in the top of the first inning after the visiting team batted around. This was after the base umpire stopped the game to get him water. After he came out of the game and before the next pitcher was ready the coach came on the field and said they were done. They only had 8 players and they called an ambulance for their pitcher. He was released from the hospital that night and was back playing that next morning... Also when the umpire was asked about the heat index he stated he never heard of anything like that. Something needs to be done because these kids just don't prepare themselves for the heat.
  10. I was told by one freedom staff member that the heat index on the field prior to the decision being made for the Highlands/Conner game was 99. One AD stated that if it hit a 100 his team was not allowed to play. The staff guy also said that in the 20 minutes they spent on the field trying to decide when to play that game the temp on the field rose to 105. I believe the right call was made. Does anyone like the rule, no. But it is in place for the safety of all that are participating (players, coaches, umpires). Right/Wrong the safety of the student/athlete should be the number one priority.
  11. Someone please check the schedule because I heard it was being played at St. Mary's
  12. $10 for students is to high, need to do a student ticket of some kind.
  13. I think it would carry over to basketball so I think he might have to sit out a game in that sport...not for sure but think that is the case
  14. Thanks gchs_uk9, i did some looking on the khsaa site and found this http://officials.khsaa.org/ and was able to find some info on what it takes to be an umpire and who is in charge of the local umpires. Thanks for the info.
  15. While I agree that I've noticed the strike zone from one umpire to the next is different but that to is part of the game. And all would agree that consistency is the key, and that is what I've asked/told them when I had a chance to talk to one. Aren't they in need of officials each year? Does anyone know how we can sign up for this thankless job?
  16. Old guy: Who is the "high school standout baseball player" referred to in this article - http://communitypress.cincinnati.com/article/AB/20100518/NEWS010704/305180027/Jeni-Dinkel-s-son-sues-Covington-Catholic?
  17. Wilhoite was the reason Bieger got another chance at Cooper. He was also Biegs insulation blanket so it would be interesting to see how this pans out. As previous posts have stated, Biegs is a great person, coach, and mentor, but such tirades have gotten him in trouble at CCH and St. Henry. I hope things work out for him.
  18. Yes, Rob still teaches Biology at the school, but why would he want to come back. He had a great run but now has been following other aspirations. He certainly did a great job and competed in the All A, District and Regionals every year. Gotta say much more consistantly than the coaches since he left.
  19. NDA is starting to play their younger players now...and it shows.
  20. Jody is a class act and you don't expect any less from his players.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.