Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

CCFC

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by CCFC

  1. It makes me so sad that you would say that about my dad. Shame on you, I would give anything to hear "that announcer" one more time.
  2. It makes me so sad that you would say that about my dad. Shame on you, I would give anything to hear "that announcer" one more time.
  3. Coach Cravens is one of the most humble and classiest coaches that I have ever had the privilege of knowing. First Class husband, dad, coach, and friend to high school athletics. He taught my daughter (as the Varsity Coach @ CC) the value of hard-work, Teamwork, and fairness (on and off the court).
  4. Futscher played one heck of a game for the Lady Stangs. Very nice player. This is a great group and one of the better BB Teams that I've witnessed over the years. I was glad to see the Lady Camels having fun on the floor. Brandi Rice played a nice game for the Home Team. Good leader and what the Camels need right now. This group of players is not that far off of the mark. They hustle, have good Team speed, shoot well, and seem to have good chemistry. I saw no quit in this group. They are young and will continue to improve as the season progresses.
  5. The Superintendent at CC (Glen Miller) is highly regarded and it would surprise me if he allowed a coach to be forced out due to "playing time" (especially someone like Coach Murray who appears to have done a good job at CC and is well liked). There has to be more than "playing time" as the reason for his departure.
  6. I don't see any possible reason why Coach Lickert would leave CC for Ryle. He is having success and building his program at CC (along with new state-of-the-art facilities). The Highlands job on the other hand would no doubt be attractive since he is a Highlands grad and already lives in Ft. Thomas. I see this as the only other job in No. KY that he would have any possible interest in.
  7. Coach Lickert is building his own legacy and something very special at Campbell County. Hopefully he remains the Camels HC for many years although the allure of the Highlands top spot would be tough not to consider (IMO).
  8. Congratulations to the Lady Camels. There is a great deal of talent on this team. If they focus on just playing the game, they will be fine.
  9. The $19M figure includes both the stadium and new Area Tech Center. The bulk of the total went towards the Tech Center. I don't have the exact figures but I believe that it was something like $5M for the stadium and $14M for the Area Tech Center. Again, these are just rough #'s.
  10. Congratulations to the Pioneers. I am now pulling for you since the Camels have completed their season. I hope that you bring a 6A Championship Trophy back to NKY! Again...GOOD LUCK Pioneers!!
  11. Congratulations to the Bears and to the Camels on a great season. All the best to the Senior Class of players from CCHS. This is a terrific group of you men and they will be greatly missed. You have left us all with many memories to cherish and to be proud of with the opening of the new Campbell County Football Stadium. I would also like to give major props to Head Coach Stephen Lickert. We are very fortunate to have such a fine coach and an even better person as a role model for young players. He is a winner in every area of his life.......Congratulations Coach!
  12. I was talking to a PRP parent following the Camel's game and he stated that PRP was up on Butler in Q4 by a score of 3-0. Can anyone confirm that score? If so, Butler had a great 4th Quarter.
  13. I like the Humpbacks chances in this one. They have played well (4-1) this season in their new stadium and are peaking at the right time. Even in their lone loss to SK, they put up 35 points. A big CC home crowd could make things that much more difficult for PRP.
  14. Obviously the 2 officials got a first hand look at the officer's "Spread" Offense.
  15. I have seen some great HS QB performances over the years at Campbell County. This one by Brenen Kuntz may be one of the best ever. Pin-point accuracy, checks off receivers, canon of an arm (not to mention he runs very well). Not sure of his nickname but I would call "BK's" game last night a "Whopper" of a performance!
  16. "Oh, I see the Championship dates now, I was focused on the dirty tires from all of the mud trails in Cake-Town".
  17. I like the Lady Camels over Lady Jackets in a close one. When comparing score differential and W/L vs. last performance against common opponents, the Lady Camels outperformed Nicholas Co ever time. 1) vs. Brossart - CC Won by 4, NC Lost by 23. 2) vs. Pendleton Co - CC Lost by 4, NC Lost by 9. 3) vs. St. Patrick - CC Won by 38, NC Won by 32. 4) vs. Mason Co - CC Won by 7, NC Won by 4. 5) vs. Harrison Co - CC Won by 33, NC Lost by 11.
  18. Might be a little tougher catching "bluebirds" than "bluegill" in the new world. OK...I'll "scale" back on the humor.
  19. I don't know the answer to that but I'm sure Coach Lickert will have the next QB ready to go. I checked Durham's birth certificate and I believe that he has 3 more high school years of eligibility (lol).:lol: I'm sure that someone from Cameland will be able to give you a better answer.
  20. Here's an updated wide-angle view of the Fighting Camels new stadium from the upper stands. Things are really coming together. In my earlier post, I reported that the new scoreboard would sit between the 20-30 yard line. It will actually be situated at about the 5 yd. line (in front of the new Technology Center).
  21. Congrats to the Lady Camels on a nice win as they seem to be peaking at the right time.
  22. One of the side benefits to the video screen is that CCHS students will get hands on video production experience for games and events.
  23. It will still be used for CCMS and CCYFL games as I understand. Coach Lickert also wants these kids to have access to the new field as well. I recall discussion at a CC Board meeting about removal of the upper stands but I do not believe there is any sense of urgency in doing so. They are certainly showing age but are safe for continued use.
  24. Great job Taylor! A true competitor from the opening whistle to the final horn. Her dad (Scott) was a standout basketball player for the Camels in the late 70's. It would be interesting to know if he was also a 1,000 Point+ scorer for the Camels.
  25. I don't believe that anyone has posted a look at the new Camel scoreboard (see rendering). This will be the "Crowning Touch" to the new venue. The piers for the scoreboard have been in place for some time (at approx 20-30 yard line) and I'm guessing that it will be installed once the weather breaks. Dimensions: 28' W x 38' H (approx. from ground level) with a 17' W x 10' W Video Board embedded. To appreciate the large size of the scoreboard, please note the person in the lower right corner of the picture.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.