New football stadium at Campbell County?

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Between the fact that I really enjoy the setting at their current field AND I can't imagine using tax dollars for it, I'd be against it.

What would the justification be? What problem does it cause to keep the old field?

Between the fact that I really enjoy the setting at their current field AND I can't imagine using tax dollars for it, I'd be against it.

What would the justification be? What problem does it cause to keep the old field?

Isn't the old field usually pretty torn up by the end of the season? It's probably not too bad this year because of the lack of rain but typically when we'd play games or watch games there after the first part of October it was in pretty bad shape.

I wonder if they've been offered private donations, that would make more sense of the situation in regards to the cost.

]Isn't the old field usually pretty torn up by the end of the season?[/b] It's probably not too bad this year because of the lack of rain but typically when we'd play games or watch games there after the first part of October it was in pretty bad shape.

I wonder if they've been offered private donations, that would make more sense of the situation in regards to the cost.

It is and it was actually pretty chewed up even before the Camels played their home opener this year.

It is and it was actually pretty chewed up even before the Camels played their home opener this year.

I can't imagine spending the money unless it was donated. I'd have trouble justifying the expense. They don't play soccer on it, correct? Let's say varsity plays 5 or 6 games, JV plays 5 games, frosh play 4 or 5. How much is it worth to build a whole new stadium to play 15 games in a year?

I can't imagine spending the money unless it was donated. I'd have trouble justifying the expense. They don't play soccer on it, correct? Let's say varsity plays 5 or 6 games, JV plays 5 games, frosh play 4 or 5. How much is it worth to build a whole new stadium to play 15 games in a year?

The middle school plays on it and I believe the Red Devils do as well, at least a few games. I'm not trying to justify the cost I was just wondering if this were true because like you I would find it would be a very difficult sitiuation for the BOE if this was tax payer funded, especially at this time. The only thing that makes it seem like it may be true is that all other sports with the exception of football, tennis and track and field are played at on campus venues. Not only soccer as you mentioned above but baseball and softball have thier own fields. I'd like to see CCHS upgrade thier facilities to keep improving the program though, we shall see.

Moreover I think it would be a great thing because it would be the BOE of Campbell County/administration showing a committment to football that hasn't been there in at least 20 years.

The middle school plays on it and I believe the Red Devils do as well, at least a few games. I'm not trying to justify the cost I was just wondering if this were true because like you I would find it would be a very difficult sitiuation for the BOE if this was tax payer funded, especially at this time. The only thing that makes it seem like it may be true is that all other sports with the exception of football, tennis and track and field are played at on campus venues. Not only soccer as you mentioned above but baseball and softball have thier own fields. I'd like to see CCHS upgrade thier facilities to keep improving the program though, we shall see.

I agree with you about the difficulty of selling it as a wise tax dollar investment.

Maybe if they get a new stadium they will let Brossart play on the middle school field. Sure would be nice to let us Campbell Co. tax-paying residents to use something our own money paid for. By the way, kudos for Newport for allowing NCC and Brossart to 'use' their facilities - but it kills me every week to drive right past an empty CC stadium, only to drive to Newport.

I'm sorry but I had to get that one off my chest. Obviously a sore subject for me! I wish CC no ill will and hope they get a new stadium to play in - I just wish they were a little more willing to share what they have - even an 'old' stadium.

Maybe if they get a new stadium they will let Brossart play on the middle school field. Sure would be nice to let us Campbell Co. tax-paying residents to use something our own money paid for. By the way, kudos for Newport for allowing NCC and Brossart to 'use' their facilities - but it kills me every week to drive right past an empty CC stadium, only to drive to Newport.

I'm sorry but I had to get that one off my chest. Obviously a sore subject for me! I wish CC no ill will and hope they get a new stadium to play in - I just wish they were a little more willing to share what they have - even an 'old' stadium.

Unless something has changed I thought Newport charged them an arm and a leg to use thier field. I'm sure CCHS would allow that if their field wasn't already overworked for a grass surface.

Unless something has changed I thought Newport charged them an arm and a leg to use thier field. I'm sure CCHS would allow that if their field wasn't already overworked for a grass surface.

Newport charges a reasonable amount. Campbell County wanted an arm and BOTH legs.

Actually it was 50 years. The current BOE decided they don't like our kids or tax dollars. But they did us a favor. We now use Highlands as our home field. They like our kids. And they care about there football program. But I think it would be great to see a new stadium.