Everything posted by pnthr4life
-
Coaches how do you keep your team up in a game you are sure you can't win?
If you are the head coach at any program and go into a game believing your kids have no chance of winning, then you need not be coaching, and should be fired on the spot!!
-
All state teams: potential vs performance?
I also think it should be based on HS performance. But I also feel that the kids from the smaller or not so good programs get short changed in these selections. The small school kids play within their respective competition. I noticed 1 school that had not one player even make honorable mention on the NKY. team. I just don't think kids should be penalized because of where they play football.
-
2007 Scott Eagles Schedule
Glad to see that Ludlow is on the schedule next year. We've scrimmaged in the past and now we get to do it for real. Good luck to the Eagles, of course except when you play the Panthers.
-
Lloyd High School Football Coaching Change?
Either way, Lloyd is a quality program and will end up with a quality coach. Good luck to them.
-
Lloyd High School Football Coaching Change?
I'm not positive, but I think the only other school in NKY. looking is Conner. Lloyd will get quality applicants for the head coaching position, as they are a quality program with a great tradition. Does anyone know if the new HC will be required to teach at the school?
-
Barbourville and Football?
Amen to that!!
-
Top Quarterbacks next year in NKY?
Thanks.
-
Top Quarterbacks next year in NKY?
In the program at the state finals the roster for NCC had Harris listed as a junior. Mistake?
-
Top NKy running backs in 2007
I agree. If he doesn't hold on to the rock, he doesn't carry the rock!!
-
HS Football Coaches
Very nice post!!!
-
Lloyd High School Football Coaching Change?
If this is true, does he have something else lined up? I'm very surprised by this. I thought this was the job he always wanted.
-
Top NKy running backs in 2007
He will only be a junior and did lead the team in rushing this season.
-
Top Quarterbacks next year in NKY?
Ludlow's QB, Jared Rouse.
-
Combines
Any particular reason for that? Just wondering if you have any information as to why.
-
Who is the greatest Kentucky high school football coach of all time?
:laugh: That is hilarious.
-
Franklin County's Ammons- Where is he going?
How tall is he? Does he have the frame to allow growth? I only ask because I've never seen this young man play.
-
My final list of teams watched this season(Let's see yours)
I saw Ludlow play 10 games. I also saw CCH & NCC play road games at Johnson Central and Raceland as well as CCH win the state against Bowling Green. I truly enjoyed the travels with my son and look forward to next season. Hopefully my beloved Panthers will have a deep run in the post season.
-
Who is the greatest Kentucky high school football coach of all time?
I thought the reference to Coach Reese was about winning titles with different schools, not about being one of the best ever. At least that's what I thought. I agree he shouldn't be mentioned among the best ever, but glad to see someone mention Ludlow alum Coach Hauck.
-
2007 2A Football
Who will be the lone team in 2A not to make the playoffs?
-
1A Championship: New Cath vs Danville
I stated when the playoffs began that NCC's QB was starting to come into his own and would carry them during the post season. I still stand by that and he will lead them to the win over a very good Danville team. Good luck Breds and keep the hardware in NKY 1A.
-
Referee's Question
Correct that the first flag is a warning. But I have never witnessed a game where an official, at their discretion, takes a down away from a team. It just doesn't sound right to me...
-
Referee's Question
Obviously there are loss-of-down penalties. I'm not sure if this is one or not. I don't think so. But I don't know of any rule that ALLOWS the referee to take a down away from a team.
-
Sam Flynn
:thumb: :thumb:
-
Sam Flynn
I have to disagree with you in comparing Flynn and Tackett. I was at the game and Flynn is the better LB. While Tackett is very good, he does not possess the speed to go from sideline to sideline like Flynn does. Tackett plugs the middle as does Flynn, but Flynn has better closing speed and pursuit angles. All around just a better linebacker.
-
Great football in the Mountains
My son and I will be making the trip from NKY. to the CCH/JC game. We went to Raceland last week and Paintsville this week. Looking forward to a great game and will be rooting for all 3 NKY. teams to make it to the finals.