Combines

Snap11

I would appreciate any information on this subject. My son will be a senior next year and is very interested! Are they invitation only or can anyone go? How do we find out where they are and when? Thanks to everyone in advance!

I believe you can look at scout.com and they will have information??????

However Colleges (ALL COLLEGES) will have a day called a "senior day" these are for H.S seniors to be and are in the summer. It is a good way of getting the attention of the coaches. Look on the college web sites for that.

Any player can attend for a small price.

I don't know where you are located but Ballard High School in Louisville has one the Monday after Derby. It is run by the Head Football Coach, Mark Catlett.

Yeah I heard of this one as well. It's a good thing.

However I still think the "senior day" may be the best due to the fact you are traveling were the coaches are, not the coaches traveling to you. If you were the coach which one would you prefer.

College coaches will not be attending combines like they have in the past.

This is not entirely ture. The AFCA passed a rule stating DI coaches could not attend the combines but they can still get the information from the combines. You can check athletesonline.com for the big combine for NKY, SE IN, and Greater Cincinnati. Athletes from Lexington, Louisville, Cleveland have come to this combine in the past three years.

The way I understand it, the college coaches voted for the rules in January. All the combines caused them to be on the road more, but the main reason was because viewing a kid at a combine was supposed to be counted toward the evaluations and most schools didn't turn them in correctly. Basically, it gave schools who weren't doing things the right way a recruiting advantage and there was no way to really police which schools were viewing which kids.