Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Franklin County's Ammons- Where is he going?

Featured Replies

Franklin County was blessed with an excellent QB in Kaelin Ammons for the last four years. He is an outstanding athlete and tremendously improved the Franklin County program. I was just wondering if anyone knows where he is going to play his football at next year and if he has received any scholarship offers?

  • Replies 40
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering his lineman friend got an offer from Troy, that might mean they have some film on the kid.

 

I see him as mid-major or the Championship Division of Div-1

From What I hear there is a lot of schools interested but not giving the final offer?????????? Are they crazy? I am amazed at some of the in state schools and the way they treat kids. This kid can gain 30 lbs of muscle and still run well he has played sports year around one year of weightroom will make a huge difference not to mention his love, knowledge of the game. Some one is going to take him and be really thankful.

From What I hear there is a lot of schools interested but not giving the final offer?????????? Are they crazy? I am amazed at some of the in state schools and the way they treat kids. This kid can gain 30 lbs of muscle and still run well he has played sports year around one year of weightroom will make a huge difference not to mention his love, knowledge of the game. Some one is going to take him and be really thankful.

 

30 lbs of muscle? Some of you folks kill me. Do you realize how much that is?

30 lbs of muscle? Some of you folks kill me. Do you realize how much that is?

 

Not much in four years of dedicated weight training. Kids put on 15-20 their freshman year. These kids are 18 with elevated testosterone levels. 30 pds is very attainable.

 

I agree with Oldone; whoever signs Ammons is getting a top notch player, class act, student, athlete and all around person. I hope for the sake of the schools not recruiting him, they don't play Ammons' team. One thing I can say for certain is those schools will be very sorry.

Not much in four years of dedicated weight training. Kids put on 15-20 their freshman year. These kids are 18 with elevated testosterone levels. 30 pds is very attainable.

 

I agree with Oldone; whoever signs Ammons is getting a top notch player, class act, student, athlete and all around person. I hope for the sake of the schools not recruiting him, they don't play Ammons' team. One thing I can say for certain is those schools will be very sorry.

 

Yeah 30 lbs is attainable if a kid has never worked out before. If hes a pretty good kid in the weight room already, yes he can gain weight and get stronger once he gets to college, but be realistic. If a kid was to gain 30 lbs, chances are that isnt going to be ALL muscle either.

I think his height limits him as QB at the division 1 level,but he is a football player that played QB. He would be a very good DB has a great nose for the ball, and I can't believe he hasn't been offered by someone yet.

Most Divison 1 athletes either gain around 30 lbs or lose around 30 lbs at some point in there college career, the simple change in bone and muscle density that comes with age can result in 10. Some of you people crack me up. I mean I realize it is 1 more pound than 29 and 1 less than 31 but still not that much over a 4 or 5 year period, where that is your goal and you are willing to pay the price. Lets say he reports to college at 190, and plays his jr or sr year at 220. I am sure there are about 5000 athletes that have done that recently.

Considering his lineman friend got an offer from Troy, that might mean they have some film on the kid.

 

I see him as mid-major or the Championship Division of Div-1

Troy State's offensive coordinator Tony Franklin is very aware of Ammons. In fact, Kaelin attended quarterback camps that Tony ran.

All the kid has done is win. When people doubt him, he proves them wrong. His football IQ is in the 99th percentile. You can't teach the intangables he posseses.

I was very impressed with this young man when we played him and I watched him in other games. He may not have the size that some coaches look for in a college qb, but as we all know, there have been a lot of successful college athletes that were not of the stereotypical size. Football knowledge, intelligence, committment and leadership qualities allowed those players to overcome their size disadvantages. Whereever Ammons ends up, I think he'll be successful. Good luck young man.

WHo cares about how tall he is or how much weight he can gain. When I watch football I either say that kid can play or he is a Slap!

 

Mr. Ammons is a player. Its a shame that these local universities won't invest in good kids around the area. Maybe that is why some of the are below .500 year after year.....( UK, EKU, WKU.......I can go on!)

He doesnt have the arm strength for UK but it is a shame that EKU isnt going after him. EKU's staff has made it clear that they want FL players that Florida, Florida State, Miami, South Florida, etc. and even Jacksonville State in their own conference dont want. Ammons would be an excellent addition for any Div-1AA teams in state

Mr. Ammons is a player. Its a shame that these local universities won't invest in good kids around the area. Maybe that is why some of the are below .500 year after year.....( UK, EKU, WKU.......I can go on!)

WKU is below .500 year after year? Really?

 

-------------------------------------------

 

I'd love to see Ammons end up at WKU!!!

WHo cares about how tall he is or how much weight he can gain. When I watch football I either say that kid can play or he is a Slap!

 

Mr. Ammons is a player. Its a shame that these local universities won't invest in good kids around the area. Maybe that is why some of the are below .500 year after year.....( UK, EKU, WKU.......I can go on!)

 

I fully agree with your first statement and obviously the kid can play. I was just telling oldonetechnique my views on his perception of an athletes weight gain possibilites.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.