Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

benihanas

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by benihanas

  1. Terrible to hear. My thoughts and prayers go out to Mitch, his family and the Highlands community.
  2. Is there a point to this thread other than arrogance and trying to make a rivalry more heated?
  3. Does anyone have a picture of CCH's state ring that they can post on here?
  4. I would say every one of those except for pay. If you have a job coaching at a very rich school that can pay you alot of money but has a bad team or program that doesn't mean that you have one of the top coaching jobs in the state, that means that you have a high income.
  5. What an amazing gesture and showing of sportsmanship. Keep fighting Alex.
  6. I think the original question had to do with coaching as far as the skill level, tradition of the school, the fanbase, the alumni etc. The question wasn't "Rank the highest paying coaching jobs in the state."
  7. Yes I just saw that and I apologize.
  8. I've been at Myrtle Beach (Spring break WHOOO:thumb: ) all week. When is this game and when are the finals?
  9. Cov Cath in a landslide. And that is my answer to this same thread that will be started next week..... And the next week..... And the next week.... You get the picture.
  10. Congratulations to St. X and coach O'Toole, 19 straight is truly remarkable. Some other notes from the weekend: Congratulations to Tyler Reed of Butler County on breaking the state record in the 200 yard (8 laps) freestyle held by former Covington Catholic and Olympic swimmer Nate Dusing. Also congratulations to St. Patrick swimmer Colin Faris for setting a new state record in the 50 yard (2 laps) freestyle with a time of 20.77. Highlands standout Jeff Morris finished second in the 200 yard freestyle and was the state champion in the 500 (20 laps) free and was named first team all state. Ryle standout and recent Arizona signee Cory Chitwood was at it again, winning the 200 yard Individual Medley ( 2 laps of each stroke butterfly, backstroke, breaststroke, and freestyle) and was .6 seconds off of breaking the state record in the 100 (4 laps) yard backstroke. He was named to first team all state and named the meet's Most Outstanding competitor. Scott High swimmer Adam Isaacs was named second team all state after finishing third in the 200 yard Individual Medley and 2nd in the 100 yard backstroke.
  11. Is this the semifinals or finals of the tourney?
  12. Aaron Noll stepped up big for CCH when Schult when down (watched the whole thing and it just made me cringe. Very reminiscent of something that happened to a certain number 9 about a year ago :cry: ).
  13. I am by no means bashing the referees I think they were very good but there was ALOT (and that is an understatement) of traveling calls made against both teams. Most traveling I have ever seen in a high school game. Other than that it was a really good game, Boone Co. gave the Colonels a scare in the 4th. Congrats to TJ on 1,000 points.
  14. NCC was 0-12 on free throws. Ugly game for both teams. Colonel Crazies were pretty pathetic as well. NCC had a nice student section my hat goes off to them.
  15. I'm going to be at this game and I want to stick around for the CCH-BG game (obviously). Does anyone know if one ticket is good for both games or if they are going to clear the stadium after NCC-Danville?
  16. Come on 'Breds, looking for a 3 out of 4 NKY sweep. I'll be there to watch this game. Best of luck to NCC!
  17. Having not seen BG at all (not just this year but ever) I'll have to agree with theoldguy here. Those three schools are excellent football teams and I don't think that any team in Kentucky is close to these teams. I think that against LexCath, CCH proved that they can win a shootout. Not saying that this game will be a shutout but I'm just saying that CCH can put a whole heck of a lot of points on the board. I just think that CCH's offense is too balanced and strong. Can't wait for the game on Friday. I'll be there all day to watch NCC as well. Best of luck to the 'Breds. Make NKY proud. CCH 35 BG 14
  18. Swing by Zimmer Hardware in Covington right off the expressway by what used to be Jillian's and you'll see a sign supporting the big blue. :thumb:
  19. Very very classy post. JC has not a single thing to hang their heads about and best of luck to them next year. Field turf and an indoor practice facility are really something to look forward to and I hope to make that drive again next year. Also really enjoyed reading all of the signs on the road to the stadium. Best of luck next year!
  20. Just now got home. Boy that was a long drive, but it was worth it. Just a great high school game. Very scary to see Grimm go down, hope he is okay. I think JC could have given themselves a much better chance had they passed more often. The quarterback looked good on the few times he passed so I was a little puzzled to see a team that is fighting to play in the state finals run the ball so much, especially in the second half when they were losing and CCH had been stopping the run alot better than they were in the first half.
  21. I'm sorry but the state finals is on the line, it's potentially the senior players last game. How could they not be taking JC seriously? They would be taking a pee-wee team seriously if it was to get into the state finals.
  22. And they still managed to put up 56 and had some chances to put up more. :scared: :ylsuper:
  23. Knowing not a single thing about Johnson Central's program (No offense meant, I have never seen them play and we never got to play against them while I was at CCH so I truly no hardly anything) doesn't help making my prediction easier. CCH's offense exploded against Lexcath. If not for a called back touchdown that Bleser had (terrible call IMO) they would have won by more. If CCH's offense can continue like this and their defense doesn't give up the big plays they can beat alot of teams. I'll say: CCH 35 JC 21
  24. Wow. Didn't even realize I had gotten to 200+ posts. No Guru, but by no means a rookie. :thumb:

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.