2007 Boys Swimming State Championship...

Congratulations to St. X and coach O'Toole, 19 straight is truly remarkable.

Some other notes from the weekend:

Congratulations to Tyler Reed of Butler County on breaking the state record in the 200 yard (8 laps) freestyle held by former Covington Catholic and Olympic swimmer Nate Dusing. Also congratulations to St. Patrick swimmer Colin Faris for setting a new state record in the 50 yard (2 laps) freestyle with a time of 20.77.

Highlands standout Jeff Morris finished second in the 200 yard freestyle and was the state champion in the 500 (20 laps) free and was named first team all state. Ryle standout and recent Arizona signee Cory Chitwood was at it again, winning the 200 yard Individual Medley ( 2 laps of each stroke butterfly, backstroke, breaststroke, and freestyle) and was .6 seconds off of breaking the state record in the 100 (4 laps) yard backstroke. He was named to first team all state and named the meet's Most Outstanding competitor. Scott High swimmer Adam Isaacs was named second team all state after finishing third in the 200 yard Individual Medley and 2nd in the 100 yard backstroke.

Whats was everyones thoughts on the State meet being held in Louisville?

I herd from the coach and swimmers that they liked it better than Lexington.

I also herd that the KHSAA and Louisville has agreed on a 2-3 year contract in Louisville.

For as of the paying spectator in the stands, I thought it was much worse. To many people around the pool blocking the view. I mostly watched the scoreboard to see what was going on. With a few changes of routing the people on deck, keeping the swimmers not swimming at the time on the end of the pool, and security to keep the fans from stopping on the walkway it would have been better. I can deal with the crowded bleachers, all I wanted to do is watch my son swim his 2 events, and couldn't even do it.

For as of the paying spectator in the stands, I thought it was much worse. To many people around the pool blocking the view. I mostly watched the scoreboard to see what was going on. With a few changes of routing the people on deck, keeping the swimmers not swimming at the time on the end of the pool, and security to keep the fans from stopping on the walkway it would have been better. I can deal with the crowded bleachers, all I wanted to do is watch my son swim his 2 events, and couldn't even do it.

I agree Rebel, the part of the deck directly in front of the spectators should have been blocked off. The paying public should have a clear view of the pool and that is something that was discussed when the topic of the event possibly being at U of L again next year came up. From what I heard the swimmers liked the speed of the pool, but it was a little crowded.

A friend of mine who's son swims for X (did not compete at the state meet though) said that X's winning point total was the lowest in a long time. Will it be more next year or will T or Manual close the gap some more?

After graduating 6 All Americans and the best high school swimmer in the Country last year, a 130 point win is a good size victory. Trinity swam unbelievable at Prelims on Friday and that kept the score down. I believe X only graduated 3 seniors who scored at the meet and from what I have heard the incoming class should be one of the most talented in several years. X should be much stronger next year.

After graduating 6 All Americans and the best high school swimmer in the Country last year, a 130 point win is a good size victory. Trinity swam unbelievable at Prelims on Friday and that kept the score down. I believe X only graduated 3 seniors who scored at the meet and from what I have heard the incoming class should be one of the most talented in several years. X should be much stronger next year.

That's great news for Tiger fans.

A friend of mine who's son swims for X (did not compete at the state meet though) said that X's winning point total was the lowest in a long time. Will it be more next year or will T or Manual close the gap some more?

In '01, X beat Cov. Cath by only 35.5. If it weren't for the divers that year, I think X would have lost it.

Just looking back through the results, as of right now, it looks as though X will have 20 individual "scores" with what they have coming back. They also return 3/4 of one 1st place relay and 1/2 of two 1st place relays. Trinity looks as though they should have 8 individual "scores" with what they have coming back. They also return the entire relay team that finished 4th, 3/4 of a 6th place and 1/2 of a 6th place. On the surface, it would seem as though X is returning too much right now, and with "one of the strongest freshman classes in years" coming in, O'Toole should be able to reach 20 (extending the national record for most state titles in a row).

In '01, X beat Cov. Cath by only 35.5. If it weren't for the divers that year, I think X would have lost it.

X was a hundred point underdog going into that State Finals. Cov Cath was very strong that year, that and the fact it was the unlucky 13th year, X was very fortunate to keep the streak alive.

You got me thinking about what is considered a lot of points in a Swimming State Championship Meet.

In 2005 X was the number 6 ranked team in the Nation and won the Meet 366.5 to Manual's 221 (145.5 points).

Last year X ended the year as the number 2 in the Nation and won the Meet 371.5 to Manual's 235 (136.5 points).

So this years win, 337 to 206 over Trinity (131 points) after graduating all of those division 1 athletes is not a bad win.

Does anyone know how many swimming state championships St. X has all together??? I want to think something like 43, but please correct me, Im not sure.

St. X set the National High School Record for State Titles with 41 State Championships 2 years ago. Panahou High School in Hawaii had 40 State Titles but has not won their State Championship the last 3 years.

With this years win X has 43 State Championships as well as the Title the most successful High School Sports Program in history.