Covington Catholic vs. Highlands Predictions

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cov cath by 30+

A few days ago.....

I honestly think that Dixie has a great chance of winning the region. They have really come on in the past couple of weeks

So you think that CovCath will beat a team by 30, even though they just knocked off a top regional contender?

Simpson has become even more of the Highlands point source in the playoffs (22 of their 45 vs NCC, 26 of the 43 vs Dixie) and if any team has the defensive guards to stop that, it is CovCath.

Can't see anyone else carrying the offensive load for Highlands as they just do not have any other true offensive weapons. So I think it is sink or swim with Simpson and I just don't think he can survive the pressure defense that will be keyed on him.

Don't think CovCath will have an easy time scoring either but they are varied enough to score enough to keep Highlands at bay.

Highlands wants the game in 30s or 40s, CovCath wants it in the 60s/70s. I think Covcath wins by 10-15.

I'm not sure of that. He may get a shot but he won't be the only one.

Bingo. Mike will keep switching Simpson's defenders and try to wear Simpson out. Mike will press the entire game to do the same thing. For Highlands to have a legit chance, the other guards for Highlands are really going to have to step it up and help Simpson get the ball up the court and allow Willie to take him out for some breathers. Mike's philosophy worked well in the region last year and he'll go with it again this year.