CovCath 59 Boone County 46

Todd Jacobs scores his 1,000th point. Congratulations.

Colonels commit 24 turnovers (to Boone's 19) but outrebound the Rebels 36-30. Bondick was in foul trouble all game, so Brandon Brown would have played an even bigger role.

Not as entertaining as last night Pandas vs Rebels game, but it was a war and the good guy's won this game also.....

The biggest stat of the game (IMO) was CovCath scoring at the end of the 1st quarter, Half and 3rd quarter. TJ scored on a shot from near the basket with less than 2 seconds left on the clock. Bo scores on a three point shot at the buzzer from behind the half court line, and TJ again scores as the clock winds down to end the 3rd quarter. That seven unanswered points by two seniors that help CovCath beat a tough Boone County team...

Congrats to Billy Schult on a great night. Not only did he make some great passes but did his usual job on the boards.... As stated earlier congrats to TJ for scoring his 1000 point....

I am by no means bashing the referees I think they were very good but there was ALOT (and that is an understatement) of traveling calls made against both teams. Most traveling I have ever seen in a high school game. Other than that it was a really good game, Boone Co. gave the Colonels a scare in the 4th. Congrats to TJ on 1,000 points.

1,000 for TJ is quite an accomplishment.

I'm guessing Votel hit 1,000 and before him would have been Nesto.

CovCath used to have the list of 1,000 point scorers on their website, but I just noticed that it's not there anymore. Your guesses on the last 2 are probably right.

Congrats TJ.

Nice win for CCH.

CovCath used to have the list of 1,000 point scorers on their website, but I just noticed that it's not there anymore. Your guesses on the last 2 are probably right.

Congrats TJ.

Nice win for CCH.

I was incorrect regarding Nesto and BV. The last player to hit 1,000 was Steve Purdon. I was told that Nesto came up something like 20 points short of the mark.

TJ is the 18th to hit 1,000. Even more impressive that I originally thought.

Votel didn't hit the 1,000 point mark?

The paper said that Steve Purdon was the last to hit 1,000.

In thinking back, Brennan did not get a lot of minutes nor scoring opportunities as a sophomore and even as a junior was not a big part of the offense until later in the season.

Todd Jacobs started as a sophomore and was the #2 option that year.

I thought I posted on here somewhere that neither Nesto or Votel hit the 1,000 point mark, but I can't seem to find it?

Anyway, congrats to TJ. He's earned it and he's a very good player. The difference between TJ and the others mentioned is that TJ was a go-to guy as a sophomore.

As a frosh, Nesto scored 4 points, dressing varsity & JV. As a sophomore, he was 1 of the 1st players off of the bench, but was a role player on the regional runner up team that included Lewin, Finke, Bain, Hiltz etc.

As a soph, Votel got some varsity minutes and but did not break out until the state tournament on the state semi-final team as a junior.