Covington Catholic 38 Johnson Central 14 (Take #3)

theguru

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone have any stats from the game? How big of a crowd?

The crowd was big and for jc most of there offense was Johnson and Grimm

Grimm had 221 yards rushing

Blake im not for sure on yards but he went out at the beginning of the 2nd half with a knee injury

The crowd was big and for jc most of there offense was Johnson and Grimm

Grimm had 221 yards rushing

Blake im not for sure on yards but he went out at the beginning of the 2nd half with a knee injury

WYMT had Shawn with 221 on 20 carries (as against Ashland the first time and Rock, over 10 yards a carry) and Blake with 80 yards on 16 carries.

Attendance, while great, was a little under last year's Apple Bowl, I think. CCH did bring 9 charter buses and overflowed into the endzone by their student section, there were people on the track all around the stadium but only "12 deep" (as Spike said on the radio) in the CCH endzone. Even most in the stands spent most of the game on their feet, but it will be great to have more seating and visitors on the opposite side next season.

I would just like to take the time to say that I am so proud of JCHS. You guys came from the pitts to the final four in 3A in only 3 seasons. Be proud of what you have accomplished! No one gave you a chance all year and you guys proved everyone WRONG! You have a great team and what you have built will always be remembered!

GO JCHS