Covington Catholic 38 Johnson Central 14 (Take #3)

theguru

What exactly constitues an "indoor practice facility" at JC next season?

The blueprints show a building about the size of 3 basketball courts side by side with the field turf surface inside with new weightrooms setting directly behind the new football stadium.

It will be used by all sports, baseball, soccer, etc.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The blueprints show a building about the size of 3 basketball courts side by side with the field turf surface inside with new weightrooms setting directly behind the new football stadium.

Wow. There can't be too many high schools in KY that has such a facility.

Total yardage was about even. CC had a balanced attack, and that was the big difference. Central can throw the ball too, but for whatever reason, chose not to.

I wonder if they really did have a passing game! If so then what was the coaching staff thinking. The running game was outstanding all year but against a strong balanced team like CCH a balanced offensive game would have been more beneficial.

I wonder if they really did have a passing game! If so then what was the coaching staff thinking. The running game was outstanding all year but against a strong balanced team like CCH a balanced offensive game would have been more beneficial.

They certainly have one, but we didn't see it much through the season. I'm speculating, but I suppose all the blowouts were the main reason. Speculating further, since JC was moving the ball on the ground most of the night, and didn't take the lead until the second half, I suppose the coaches felt JC could continue sustaining drives on the ground and keep it close. In about a 10 minute span, everything fell apart. Blake Johnson was injured early in the 3rd, and he was carrying tacklers all night. Down 17-14 in CC territory, a fumble. Burned on a long pass play for a TD. One of the few passes batted down at the line. And number 20 for CC was also a difference-maker, after not playing much (or not being a factor) until the second half--he beat the JC defenders on the slant almost at will. Everything happened so quickly. But I agree, we probably shouldn't have continued to keep it on the ground, eating up clock, in the 4th quarter.

I've been reading on some of the other threads about getting your fans to hang signs and have business' put supportive messages on their signs. I wish you the best of luck with that. You really need community support and it shows the kids just how much they mean to everyone.

Coach Matney said at the beginning of the year that this place has always been know as a basketball town. He told the kids that we're going to make it a football town. Taking nothing away from basketball, because they won the region and went to the state finals last year, I think we are well on the way to doing that.

Congrats to CCHS, very good football team. They were very well coached, had great fans, and had a ton of athletes. Good luck at PJ's.

Now for JCHS, I would like to take the time to thank all the fine young men who were a part of this years team. You have set the bar for all football teams that hit the field for JC. As for the seniors, good luck in whatever you choose to do. You will be remembered for your acomplishments on and off the field. As for the underclassmen, keep your head up, work hard, and maybe next year we will get a taste of december football.

I was at the game and for 3 quarters what a game it was! Cov. Cath. is a great Football club. Good season JC. Already for my Tomcats to make the trip to Paintsville next year.

The East lie in the Hands of the Devils,

Yoter

Yoter, it was nice to meet you and Blues Brother the other night. :thumb:

Congratulations, Covington Catholic, you have a very impressive team. I thought Bleser was the difference in the game. That was the best individual performance that I have seen by a quarterback against JC. I think the Golden Eagles would have hung closer if Johnson had not gone down with an injury, but Covington Catholic figured out that it could run wide on JC in the second half. Once JC fell behind, I just didn't have the feeling that they were going to win, even with Johnson in the game. Even before the injury, I thought Johnson Central was starting to look a bit tired.

Johnson Central needed to play a near perfect game and they played a near perfect half. I would love to see a rematch next season between these two teams.

Good luck next weekend against Bowling Green!

Must have some strong boosters. How much is this going to cost?