Covington Catholic 38 Johnson Central 14 (Take #3)

theguru

The blueprints show a building about the size of 3 basketball courts side by side with the field turf surface inside with new weightrooms setting directly behind the new football stadium.

It will be used by all sports, baseball, soccer, etc.

Are you sure? I haven't heard anything about an indoor facility.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a ballgame and what an atmosphere for a high school football game. I am sure that there is small colleges that would love to have the atmosphere that was represented by both teams on Friday night... Congrats to CCH on a hard fought victory (just wish we could have seen a full game by Blake Johnson to see what might have happened). JC nothing to hang your head about. You guys played hard and never quit and you have set the bar high for the teams of the future. Let's just go out and win the same way next year so that we might just see a rematch of Friday night. Good luck to CCH this weekend in the Pizza Box..

What a game.... JC, you played your hearts out and it showed. :thumb:

CCH O-Line... you know how I feel about you guys. You are terrific.:ylsuper: No sacks = great line, enough said. Josh's run was out of your hands, it was his own fault for not sliding. He'll be okay though.

I wanted to say I was very impressed and touched by the two young men (I assume they were students at JC) that shook the hands of everyone in my family and wishing us luck next week. What a classy gesture and I'll never forget it.

I stayed at the Ramada across from the hospital and saw many people standing outside the ER waiting to hear the news on Grim. One of the people in our group of fans went over to get the word and we were glad to hear that he was being released that night.

Yoter, it was nice to meet you and Blues Brother the other night. :thumb:

It was my pleasure. Im sure that you enjoyed the game as much as I did. It was difficult keeping LRCW out of the Hambruger line, but all else was Great.

I wish I was wearing Blue right now,

Yoter

It was my pleasure. Im sure that you enjoyed the game as much as I did. It was difficult keeping LRCW out of the Hambruger line, but all else was Great.

I wish I was wearing Blue right now,

Yoter

Nah, you look great in Burgundy Big'Un. Keeping LRCW away from those burgers would have required you to really keep your pads low.

Glad you had fun. I probably enjoyed it a tad more than you did. :thumb:

Must have some strong boosters. How much is this going to cost?

I was told the whole complex including the new baseball field and the field turf on the football field was going to cost over 2 million. They must have struck oil since I graduated..

;)

I was told the whole complex including the new baseball field and the field turf on the football field was going to cost over 2 million. They must have struck oil since I graduated..

;)

I do recall seeing several oil rigging machines on my way to Paintsville Friday night....

;)

Money is not an object for football at Central. Nothing confirmed that more than the hiring of Coach Matney. The indoor facility is another "proof" of my statement.

What I've said is not intended to be negative criticism...just stating fact. To compete on a statewide level, $$$$$$$ is a necessary commodity.

:bunny:

This is the first time I have got to post on this thread due to me being away from a computer for a couple of days.

First off, I would like to say I have never been more proud of any athletic team from JC than I am of this football team, you guys had a great year and now have something to build our program on.

Next, I want to comend CCH, every fan I came into contact with were nothing but a class act and I hope you guys enjoyed your trip to Paintsville, oh and another thing you guys have one of the best high school football teams that I have personally seen in person. Good luck next Friday night.

Money is not an object for football at Central. Nothing confirmed that more than the hiring of Coach Matney. The indoor facility is another "proof" of my statement.

What I've said is not intended to be negative criticism...just stating fact. To compete on a statewide level, $$$$$$$ is a necessary commodity.

:bunny:

I don't understand what you mean. Would you explain? What I am saying is that money is nice, but why do you Have to be a wealthy program to compete at the state level?