Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Borderlord

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Borderlord

  1. football gets 10 days to practice in the spring. Atheletes can lift before or after baseball or basketball practice. You got fall baseball, AAU, open gym, summer leagues, etc. a kid can play on 2 or 3 different basketball or baseball teams a year. Imagine the 9 kinds of "heck" that would be raised if a football team went over 10 days in the spring, or lined up in a formation before the middle of July. Hording????
  2. A press conf. was held yesterday to announce him, and J.R. Vanhoose as the girls b-ball coach good luck coach Jones!!!
  3. who will be the coach if branham leaves?
  4. I have heard Russ Swim From Estill Co. may be the next coach. Only speculation though. Too early to tell. I doubt it will be that easy to find someone.
  5. Tiny VanHoose is just across the hill. I believe he could get the job done.
  6. I believe if you look at available talent and school size, Jack Hall of Elkorn City, Betsy Lane, and Fleming-Neon did a great job of consistently winning without the "pick" of the litter.
  7. If my team runs up the score-"Sour Grapes" If your team runs up the score-"no class" Sometimes you just gotta get your licks in when you can.
  8. From my stats, Hoover was just below even on the win/loss column. I can't think of any other place in the state that celebrates mediocracy like that. I am not blaming Hoover though. THey are still looking for a tradition to move in. I blame geography more than any coach or any kid. What is wrong with the other guy? Other than having no talented upper classmen the last 2 years. those juniors and seniors now haven't won a football game since 6th grade at least. not an insult-it is a FACT.
  9. I think if a kid wants to paint freckles across his nose and draw a goatee it shouldn't be a problem. High school only happens once.
  10. that is true enough.
  11. I LOVED that double wing stuff myself. I think Estill Will have a WHALE of a team in the next 2 years if Mike Jones will hang in there. I don't think he is in danger of losing his job. The guy they named the field after never had any big success, he was just able to stay there long enough. Good luck to the 'NEERS all season, and hang in Mike.:thumb:
  12. Letcher County Central was left off this list. will this and the other 2 or 3 that were missed affect anything?
  13. I thought the wrestling team did an excellent job. Not just for a first year team either.
  14. Two questions. 1. Who is Shelby Valleys new coach and where is he from? 2. Has anyone been hired at Betsy Lane? (ok so technically it is three questions)
  15. I missed Letcher Central on the list. Assuming it would be 4A. Maybe I overlooked it??
  16. probably even her soph. year-Tierra (i think) Baker
  17. You need to calm down man. Not setting a good example for your avatar:devil:
  18. What exactly is it that Dean did that was so terrible at Powel? Anyone with any sense would want to move up the ladder. More pay, nicer facilities?? Was ther something more?
  19. I thought I saw it on here before, but can't find it. Does anyone have a link, or explanation of when spring practice can begin?
  20. Is Jack Hall making a comeback????
  21. I couldn't see blaming the coaches either though. They don't have magic dust to make kids great in a year. From what I know, it would be more feasable to blame the coaches of the previous programs who discouraged intrest in the sports. It is my understanding that the football teams from all 3 schools didn't have a mandatory or even organized weight program. Teens for the most part don't think about long term and arent gonna bust their butts in the off season unless they are pushed to do so. In the case of basketball, current coaching decisioins led to dissention in the county. Until the people of the county lose the "Jerry Springer Show" attitude, nothing will be accomplished.
  22. from what I hear all but one pike co school will get new turf. Any guesses which one??

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.