Shelby Valley Football Gets Turf

That's great news and one I'm glad to see happen. Being in a county with so many schools, this is an improvement the BOE cannot fund, and it all has to come from private sources.

When you are talking nearly 3/4 of a million dollars, it sounds like a daunting task. But coal is king again and from the evidence in the Pond Creek community, this is something that can happen if there is enough dedicated effort to see it through.

I would like to see every Pike County school take this initiative and work towards installation of the turf. It is a good thing, not just for football, but for the other sports programs too.

I was told they already have over 350 grand of the money needed. That's a great start. I hope they raise the rest quickly and have it in place before this fall.

I don't think their new coach came from Va Tech, though. ;)

I would like to see every Pike County school take this initiative and work towards installation of the turf. It is a good thing, not just for football, but for the other sports programs too.

I would say there is a good possibilty that East Ridge and Pike Central will have turf in 5 or so years....I haven't heard anything just my opinion. I don't know if Phelps will do it but there is a lot of coal that comes out of the Phelps area so there could be some big sponsors that step up to the plate for the Hornets. I've never been to East Ridge's school so I don't know how their athletic facilities are but I would assume they are pretty nice. Shelby Valley and Pike Central will be 2 of the top fields in EKY along with Belfry and Pikeville once/if they have turf.

Personally i don't like playing on the turf. It takes the fun out of football....You don't have to play under certain field conditions which what makes it fun and interesting. I used to love watching and playing in the mud games at vipperman stadium.......Especially in the 02 playoffs

I've been hearing that thier may be a problem with Valley getting turf, do'nt know all the details but it had something to do with Title IX, and the girls softball team having to play thier games in the mud pit. Does anyone know anything about this.

I know they had this same problem a few years ago in Lexington

I've been hearing that thier may be a problem with Valley getting turf, do'nt know all the details but it had something to do with Title IX, and the girls softball team having to play thier games in the mud pit. Does anyone know anything about this.

I know they had this same problem a few years ago in Lexington

Start a Girls soccer and field hockey program and let them play on it.

Stop The Presses,hold The Phones,call The National Guard:

Sv Is Actually Wanting To Spend Money On Something Other Than B-ball! Do You Beleive In Miracles......yes!

Yes, ''somebody elses money''Valley's football boosters club started the idea and teco was very receptive and generous along with the BOE and private contributors, but to go as far to say SV's ''wanting'' to spend money on football.....nah, I personally don't think so.

Yes, ''somebody elses money''Valley's football boosters club started the idea and teco was very receptive and generous along with the BOE and private contributors, but to go as far to say SV's ''wanting'' to spend money on football.....nah, I personally don't think so.

Thats what I thought, I was being sarcastic. Valley football breeds sarcasm LOL!:p