Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

FamilyTradition

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by FamilyTradition

  1. Didn't they play football prior to 1959 in Nky?
  2. I think that in 1979 we played in a bowl game at Campbell Co against Scott Co. I forget the name of the bowl but I know we lost the game.
  3. I hope Coach Dudley does move up, it would make 4a probably the most competitive class with Highlands, Lex Cath, Johnson Central, Boyle,CovCath, and Lone Oak.
  4. It must be Trinity ducking Highland's on scheduling a real game since they haven't beat the Bird's in over four decades! LOL
  5. Yes. Highlands usually has a bye before the CovCath game.
  6. I have to agree on last year's game. It has a special place in my heart. I told my son that "Big time players make big time plays on big time games". That whole team came ready to play! I guess now I'm going to have to watch it.
  7. Does Pike have the type of recievers at Dixe to be able to showcase his quarterbacking ability?
  8. Congrats to this young man! It looks like he has the making to be a fine Qb. Good Luck on whatever school he decide's to choose!
  9. They didnt play due to the lightning.
  10. Campbell Co has lost alot of good athletes throughout the years to Highlands, Beechwood, and CovCath. I am a Highlands grad and played football. I married a county girl and lived out by AJ Jolly for 12 years. I have two boys that went to St Mary's and probably would have gone to Brossart if we had stayed there. I use to take the kids to the Camels games once in awhile and the kids weren't to interested in football at the time. I decided to take them to a Highland's game during the J-lo and Smith era( yes these were transfers), my kids became hooked after seeing the atmosphere at the game. The kids the next year played in the FTJFL the next year and the rest is history. Never a option to play for the Red Devils, too much screaming and not enough teaching for my liking.
  11. Anderson tomorrow 9 to noon and Mason Co Thursday 9 to noon.
  12. Congrats Austin, You are going to surprise alot of people how good of football player you are! Keep up the hard work and I'm glad you took after Uncle Tdy with your hard hitting.
  13. Thanks Henry!
  14. Does anyone have the 7 on 7 schedule for the Birds?
  15. Tell me who should have been playing last year at Highlands that was not playing because of politics. Dale will play who he feels will give him the best chance to win regardless of what grade they are and what last name they have.
  16. I get it, since you weren't good enough to go D1 and were offered "some" money to play at some lower level school that anyone that had the chance to go D1 and choose to go to a lower level is a loser! By the way, nice collection of ring's. Anyone with that many state ring's should have gone D1!
  17. TDY, I think you may be a little off on this number of returning starter's. Johnson,Dierg,Schneider,Roller,Alford, and Rosenhagen started last year(6). Unless we are going to play some kind of illegal defense those numbers don't add up. It may have seemed like we had 12 or 13 players out there though at one time.:scared: The Bird's defense will be tough this year with the returning of two of the top hard hitting db's in Austin Abner and Drake Bruns. Lber's Brendon Sullivan, Billy Huddleston, Ben Dressman, and Quillen will be one hard hitting group. I was really impressed with Dressman during spring ball. He's got a nose for the ball and isn't affraid to lay a stick on ya!
  18. Great post! I have a son this year who had D1 And D2 offer's. He chose Georgetown (NAIA) because he liked the coaches and the campus. He also liked the opportunity to maybe see the playing field as a freshmen. The idea of telling people he played D1 later in life wasn't a priorty. He just wanted to play football instead of maybe just getting to play as a jr. or sr. if he played D1. Who know's he may never have seen the field if he went D1. I'm still proud of him no matter where he had gone!
  19. Cory Compton from Highlands
  20. Now I know where he got his excellent coaching from. Congrats Hunts! What a great young man and Centre is also getting a very good football player.
  21. Dale calls the plays and someone else signals the play to the Qb.
  22. It would look more like a speedo now!:laugh: Just having a little fun with ya Leatherneck.
  23. I get it, if you don't go D1 you will end up being a janitor. I'd like to know how many walk-on's stick it out.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.