PrepNation preseason poll released

jbwill2

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

See the link below for details. Two KY schools are mentioned. Louisville St. X is ranked 62nd nationally (8th in the midwest region), and Highlands is ranked 19th in the midwest region (HHS did not crack the top 101 teams).

http://www.prepnation.com/poll/poll.cfm?poll=1&latest=1

It's the post season poll that matters. Articles like these are just fillers.

It's the post season poll that matters. Articles like these are just fillers.

If Highlands is able to take care of business on the field and progress through the season without losing, it will be interesting to see if/how they move up in the national rankings, especially since there isn't a 'big-time' game on the 2010 schedule, like there has been in recent years.

Since Highlands is obviously one of the top 5 teams in the state almost every year and there has been a lot of talk about Highlands being ranked nationally, why don't they play St. X and Trinity on a yearly basis? Usually one or both are nationally ranked.

Since Highlands is obviously one of the top 5 teams in the state almost every year and there has been a lot of talk about Highlands being ranked nationally, why don't they play St. X and Trinity on a yearly basis? Usually one or both are nationally ranked.

This is almost in the dead horse category but let me ask another question, when you can schedule teams like Colerain, Cincy St. X, and Elder which are 15 minutes away why would you schedule teams that require a two hour bus trip?

This is almost in the dead horse category but let me ask another question, when you can schedule teams like Colerain, Cincy St. X, and Elder which are 15 minutes away why would you schedule teams that require a two hour bus trip?

Highlands (and indeed all of NKY) is very fortunate to be able to schedule games against Cincy teams like Henry521 listed, and not have to worry about travel expenses. Also, because of Ohio's Harbin points system for determining playoff berths, a lot of the top-tier Cincy teams are happy to schedule Highlands since they know HHS will most likely win a lot of games during the season. This is a big plus, especially since I've heard Highlands has had some difficulties getting KY/NKY teams to schedule them in recent years.

Don't they play Manual and Eastern this year? Didn't they travel 3+ hours to play Hopkinsville in 2008?

I'd like to see the Birds get a series started with Ft. Campbell. I think that'd be a great match up for both parties.

Last year I would have loved to see that. This year, not so much.

Didn't see any of these teams on Highlands schedule this year. Withrow is on there though. This 'birds schedule is weak. They will go 15 + 0 and win another title though.

Didn't see any of these teams on Highlands schedule this year. Withrow is on there though. This 'birds schedule is weak. They will go 15 + 0 and win another title though.

I don't see how you can call it weak.

Ryle will be top 5 in 6a this year and they're playing them swice.

Manual is a very good Louisville team.

Withrow is a very good Cincy team, and would easily be a top 5 team in nky.

Covcath should return to form this year and be one of the better teams in 5a.

Beechwood is always a 1a state title contender.

Highlands schedule is tougher than you're giving it credit for. Name another team in nky that would go undefeated against that schedule or win 8+ games, outside of maybe Ryle.

The only open week Highlands had in the two year contract was the week they played Cincy X because that was only a one and out. Hence Highlands was able to fill that spot with the only Louisville team that had that week open also and that was Eastern.

Don't for a second think is isn't for not trying that these teams are not meeting. If you have ever worked on scheduling you would know that it just isn't as simple as "hey lets play Friday". Heck, when was the last time you tried to get a few close friends together for dinner. Sometimes can be impossible to cordinate everyones schedules.:idunno:

I guess Highlands has to go undefeated and win state to obtain some semblance of national recognition...

OR, possibly some of us could get out of our state and see some other regions in our nation play football. Texas for one, and then see that perhaps there's some really good football out there. Or Highlands fans can play the Rodney Dangerfield act and use it as fuel for another terrific season in the Commonwealth.