Everything posted by *Common Sense
-
6A beats 4A for the title, we need a class system, just sayin'
That would be stupid, just like football. The more state champions, the less it means.
-
Campbell County 67 Mason County 54
You must be in the wrong thread. Probably on the wrong page. Not even in the right book. Would really like to hear more about THE game.
-
Campbell County / Deming predictions
I agree! Campbell will finally get to get out and run. After the last 2 games with Brossart and Scott this should be a good time for the Camels to stretch their legs and go. Hope it's not close, they will need to go deeper into the bench to rest some kids for that Saturday game. Having the last game on Friday will not help on the short turnaround.
-
Campbell County 58 Bishop Brossart 54 (OT)
I have gone to this game for 40 years and I have never seen the atmosphere that this game had on this night. It is hard to imagine what it will be like in that same gym come district tournament time.
-
Holy Cross Freshman Tournament
By the looks of the spelling, I would say this frustration may be coming from a player.
-
Campbell County 44 Bishop Brossart 30
Your opinion is always so negative that it tends to hold very little value any more. Even on the boys side of the threads, when the Camels win at the JV and Varsity levels, you want to try to direct the attention to the freshman game that was won by a very talented Mustang team. A program is always evaluated on what they are doing at the varsity level. The lady camels are winning ugly, but at least they are winning. There are a lot of underclassmen playing up right now at the JV and freshmen levels. This program will be just fine!!!
-
Campbell County / George Rogers Clark playoff predictions
Does GRC have turf or grass? You could see Friday night that the skilll players for GRC has tremendous speed. I think if there is turf that benefits GRC greatly. Camel defense held GRC in check 95% of the time but the speed created a few big plays.
-
New football stadium at Campbell County?
As a school district, we have made quite a bit of progress when it comes to test scores. They did not drop for our district. Please do your research before you post information. That is how rumors get started.
-
Covington Catholic 49 Campbell County 14
I have been in Campbell County for 35+ years and over the years I have seen numerous CC football teams play with passion. I have also witnessed passion within the time frame that Coach Styer has been coaching. I am not going to comment on the basketball coach because we are presently speaking of football. Once again, you have a problem with our district so I suggest you take your support to the other school in Alexandria or the one on the hill. Campbell County will not lose anything if we lose people like you. It is so easy just to blame coaches without knowing the day in and day out events that go on with our student athletes.
-
Covington Catholic 49 Campbell County 14
First of all, congratulations to the Colonels. They played with great determination and passion! UKFAN4EVER - I sure hope that you are not a Campbell County fan or parent because if that is the case then your negativity is not needed! The student athletes of Campbell County deserve better and you don't seem to be helping the cause. Sounds like you have a strong dis-liking for our coaches and school district. It sure would be great if you could keep that to yourself.
-
Former longtime Bellevue Volleyball coach Sally Meng killed in auto accident
My prayers are with her family. Not only was she an amazing trail blazer for girl's athletics but one heck of a passionate woman. Her honesty and humor will be missed.
-
Aric Russell is new Campbell County Coach
Thank you for those words of intelligence! If everyone could only realize what goes into coaching! I do believe Aric will do a fine job and I am pleased to have him in Campbell County!
-
Campbell County 2010
I am not sure who the "she" is that you are talking about in these threads but the rubber tire route was all brought upon by a past AD by the name of Joe Roberts. It was suppose to be such a futuristic idea! You are right when you say it wasn't thought out or planned very well! Too many behind the scene people wanting what they want and too many people being puppets for the wrong cause. Oh yea, you are correct about the large amount of money spent but not by "she" but by Joe Roberts and his fellow friends. I still wonder if some of that money was ever paid back to the once named CAN - Camels Athletic Network. Just my thoughts and opinion...
-
Bishop Brossart 58 Campbell County 53
I only checked 1 year and you were wrong on it, so who knows how many other facts you seem to know are wrong. 02-03 CC 2-1 not 1-1
-
NKY Middle School Basketball League
I am new to BGP and I find this very interesting. I heard there was a parent who was going to be a volunteer assistant. But I also heard he was going to have nothing to do with the tryouts. So who would have been involved??
-
Best Linebackers in NKY
Ross Risner is a beast.
-
Can girls block shots?
C-Town #12 - Thanks so much for saying what so many of us have been thinking for quite some time now. I have yet to see what I would consider a "quality officiated game" this season. This has been the seen in girls games for quite some time. So glad to hear others see this too!
-
Boone Co. 28 Campbell Co. 0
I think there was 2 very good reasons they didn't try the FG. First of all, the kicking game has been a little suspect the first 2 weeks. Secondly, and most important, the game plan in every game has been and will be to do just what they did Friday night. They were faced with a similar situation last year vs Ryle and it was automatic--GO FOR IT ! Coach Styer and his coaching staff has had a very important goal for their program over the last 3 years. And that is to BELIEVE !!
-
Campbell County's New Coach????
That is my number one goal and I wish each and every day that good decisions will be made in our school district - FOR CHILDREN! I guess you are right, we will agree to disagree!
-
Campbell County's New Coach????
I have read quite a few of your posts! Very sad that you have such unkind words about so many people in the district where you work. Been there - done that - the coaching thing at Campbell County and only hope that other coaches will not be treated the way that I was treated, except those who deserve to be! I am asking you to stop the negative comments on the past. I am not sure who all you speak for but if you feel the urge to keep it up then so be it! Time catches up with people!
-
Campbell County's New Coach????
What has he done at Newport? He has coached, mentored, fathered and taught athletes! He has given his time and heart to children!
-
Campbell County's New Coach????
Old Soda - When are you going to give up the bashing on Campbell County employees? The principal is gone, much to the disappointment of many! If you really believe that the football coach and AD left Campbell County because of the principal then you really do not have all the information correct. If the principal was so anti-sports then why hasn't the baseball coach left or other coaches from other sports? There are many of us in Campbell County who truely love Campbell County and bleed purple because we want to make a difference! I am asking you to stop negative comments about our school district - your school district too!
-
Campbell County Public Address...
This thread is out of control! Once again, like many of the threads on BGP, how is this thread doing any good for anyone! It has taken a very happy moment for the Campbell County players, coaches and fans and turned it into something without value. The PA does not do play by play of the football games! If his announcing is the reason Campbell County football is having a successful season then why didn't we think of this strategy years ago! The reason we are having a successful season is because of a "BELIEF" that the coaches, players and fans are experiencing! I look forward to each and every week that I hear Mr. Rose announcing because I know he truely wants an amazing atmosphere at the Pyramid! Oh yea, he also gives praise to the opposing teams cheerleaders and fans!
-
Campbell Co. vs Lebanon, Oh.
I believe she knows the name of the home football stadium. I am sure you have never made a mistake and called something by another name. Are we talking about football or the principal?
-
Campbell Co. vs Lebanon, Oh.
What exactly does that mean 92BIRD? That sounds like you might be slamming the principal at CCHS. In fact, numerous times you sound like you don't care for the principal too much. A principal has a very difficult job so maybe you should cut her a break.