Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Crazed 15th

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Crazed 15th

  1. If he goes to Boyle that would be 2 current head coaches in the state of Kentucky that have beaten Louisville, and 0 that have beaten UK.
  2. His stats warrant this award, but after watching him play in the State Championship I don't think he is the best senior in the state. I saw numerous kids this year that I thought were better than him, none that had his numbers, and few that were as pivotal to their team, but several that were just better. Congrads any way though.
  3. What about Bell Co. I'm sure Hilton and Co. would have loved a shot at the West this year.
  4. I'm not trying to take anything away from the Purple Flash. They had a GREAT year and lost at the stadium every team in the state dreams of playing at, but are they the weakest team to ever make the State Championship game? I think because of a soft schedule and less compeative Western portion of the state in AAAA that they put up several stats there were mis-leading? Has the new 6 class alingment lead us to where we will see State Championships like this from time to time?
  5. I'm pulling for the Purples, but I voted for the Bluebirds. I think Highlands should be favored, and may be the better team, but Bowling Green is more than capable of pulling out a W. If Highlands struggles early or makes some mistakes (penalties/turnovers) then it just could be the Purples Day. Come on PUBLIC SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  6. I have seen both play and Belfry will dominate from the kickoff untill the final horn. I don't think Breathitt nor the Russell team they just defeated could play with the Pirates this year. (And I'm not even a Belfry fan) Unless Belfry puts the football on the ground some and gives Breathitt a short field it will be one sided. Belfry is to physical up front and Breathitt will not be able to slow down Belfry in the Bear defense. May and Lee will have field days against the smaller weaker Bobcat defense. I wish both teams the best of luck. Belfry: 42 Breathitt: 6
  7. Believe what ever you want. I spoke with Shawn Hager earlier today. Adam Dials will not play tomorrow. He took an accidental shot to the knee Monday at practice and has been sitting out since. He has attended Physical Therapy and iced it regularly, but today durring pre-game he tried to go on it and couldn't. This is a big shot to all the Cardinal fans out there.
  8. WOW!!! With the new watered down format I didn't know anyone missed the playoffs!!!!!!!
  9. I'm pretty sure we had over 50 yards rushing. Our best back had more yards in one play than yours had for the entire game. And at no time did coach Hager and Matney reach an agreement to play. If Matney is telling you they did then who will you trust someone being investigated by the KHSAA or a coach with a spotless record. As for the quality of losses SC lost to Belfry and Bell Co. JC lost to Belfry and Woddford Co. I'm sure Woodford is just as good as Bell. Please......... Don't make this about SC because it has nothing to do with them or because I am from SC it has to do with JC being over-hyped and a good Eastern Kentucky team. NOTHING MORE!!!!!!!!!!!
  10. Finally some-one has figured it out. JC has been way over-hyped all year and when they play a good team it shows.
  11. This game will be close, untill kickoff. JC has had 2 weeks to chew on a loss and the taste is awful. They will come out and lay the wood to their "brothers" from across town. If I were P'ville I would run the ball ALOT and get up really slowly!!!! JC: 60(ish) P'ville: 7
  12. Sheldon Clark: Damen Hensley. He is a QB/DE and he brings the lumber
  13. Sheldon Clark's list would consist of quite a few names. Rusty Fletcher & Donnie Webb would deserve to be mentioned, but the best 2 hands down have got to be: *Brad Tiller: (The fastest football player I have ever seen in pads) *Adam Dials: (The best all around back & player to come through Sheldon Clark in a while. He may be alone on this list in the near future)
  14. Tim Couch came to Sheldon Clark and played once. He would probabley be the best ever................... All joking aside it would more than likley be Jessie Watts. He did hold the national single game passing yardage record for nearly a decade. So he would get my vote.
  15. That is exactley right. I'd like to see how much Belfry dropped if Ivan Lee happened to be out for 3 weeks. The injury to Kelly gives SC only 4 players that have ever started on defense before this year, and takes a 1000 yd rusher off the field and one of the leading tacklers from a year before. SC is in no way in playoff form, but they are in great shape for week 4 of the regular season.
  16. I think SC has a better team top to bottom, but with Kelly being out for the third straight game and LC always playing well against the Cardinals it could be interesting. If the SC defense improves as much as they did between the first and second week it could be a long night in Louisa. If they play like they did early then SC will once again leave Louisa having a better team and nothing to show for it but a Loss.
  17. I'm not a Lawrence County person but I am a big fan of the pride and tradition that goes hand in hand with the Bulldog uniform. Anyone who does not appreciate a group of hard nosed kids like the ones from Lawrence is not a real football fan. I hope Lawrence does get back to the glory days, just not at the expence of my Cardinals.
  18. Johnson Central is a very good football team and will be one of the best in Eastern Kentucky for sure, but I dont see them having what it takes to win the State Championship. In class AAAAA all roads to Louisville lead through Northern Kentucky and coach Jim Matney has never beaten a Northern Kentucky team. Not to mention that there will be a definate speed advantage to the Northern Kentucky teams and a special teams advantage since the Northern Kentucky schools have a definate advantage when it comes to playing the field position game. So the long drawn out answer to this thraed is while JC will be flying high and have a great football team they will most likely end their season in the Northern part of the state. I wish the Eagles luck because in AAAAA you need a little bit of luck to be successful.
  19. I heard that a RB from Matewan has transfered to Belfry and has some good speed. Is there any truth to this and if so what kind of speed does he have?
  20. I think the BOO's are because Wojo played for DUKE not because of Miller's decision.
  21. AAA next year will be pretty balanced throughout the state. I don't know alot about the teams out West, but I would have the top 10 looking like this: 1. Russell: The Red Devils have won state the most recently and deserve to be #1. If it had not been for the AAAA Mercer County last year they would have been back-2-back. McGlone knows what it takes and Russell is never far from a state title anyway. 2. Belfry: The Haywodd lead Pirates lack some of the blazing speed that has made them so special in years past, but return one of AAA's best in May. With Haywood calling the shots they will always have a chance. 3. Breathitt Co.: The Bobcats have an offensive guru in Holcomb and his coaching will keep them in most games. The Bobcats will return one of the more explosive teams in AAA this year and will be a tough out for anyone. 4. Sheldon Clark: I know I am taking teams all from the East, but I still think the East is the best football in the class. The Cardinals return Adam Dials and Ryan Kelly who could be the best RB tandem in all of AAA. Sc's punishing ground game and a much improved defense will make the Cardinal serious contenders to walk on the carpet come Dec. 5. Somerset: Another scary team filled with athletes. Somerset has typically been one of the best mountain A teams, and will continue their ways in AAA. 6. Paducah Tilghman: You don't typically have one of the most dominant track teams in the state and not field a good football team. The Tornados will be athletic like no other team in the state and could be a Western Juggernaut with the new alignment. 7. Central: Any team that comes out of Louisville and wins 11 games and only loses 3 must be doing somthing right. I don't know a whole lot about them, but the 11 wins makes me put them on my list. 8. Russellville: While this may not be A football anymore I think Russellville will be able to compete in a somewhat watered down district. I'm not sure if they will be capable of going to the Pizza Box, but don't count them out. 9. & 10. Are kind of up for grabs because I really don't know who else to list. There is a number of teams that could hold the last 2 spots, but I feel like the first 8 are pretty solid. These are just my predictions and I am sure they will change once we kick off, but any way you look at it we are in for an exciting year of football.
  22. Belfry will be your typicall Phillip Haywood football team. They will start off slow and peak at the right time. They will make few mistakes and always give themselves a chance to win the game in the end. Belfry will very seldom beat themselves. May is going to be one of the best in AAA next year, but like others have said he is not explosively fast. I think the Pond Creek Nation is going to be one tough out next year and with some breaks can do something special, but I don't see them walking on the carpet (in Louisville) unless they find a burner some where.
  23. Those are the best looking rings that any AAAA team has ever got for winning AA. (LOL!!! Just kidding; no harm intended) Very nice rings though.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.