Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Guy Morriss/Boyle County???

Featured Replies

Is Guy Morriss really a candidate for the Boyle job or is this just a rumor gone wild?

  • Replies 288
  • Views 26.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow ... wouldn't that be an interesting hire?

My question is why would he?

 

WHat draws him to Kentucky for a high school job? He is a Texas man.

Supposedly, he was approached by Boyle County. He told them he would enjoy coaching high school again but that he is going to Arkansas.

 

Sounds like Boyle County is being very proactive in tyring to get back on top.

Is Guy Morriss really a candidate for the Boyle job or is this just a rumor gone wild?

This is the first I heard of it.

This is the first I heard of it.

 

I heard it from a very high level source last week at BCHS.

Why would they ask him if they wanted to get back on top???? :D

I too have heard of this and rumor has it he will be named the coach on Friday. It must be a pretty darn good set up (package) for Morris to return to high school football after having coached at the college level. Hard to compare the SEC to high school, but in this day and time I suppose anything is possible.

I heard he has a home and land located in Boyle County which would logically explain his ties to the area. Yeah, that would be something. I'll have to ask my source if any of this is true.

I heard it from a very high level source last week at BCHS.

 

 

Considering the bravado and ego of the Boyle principal I can see how this would start.

I have a question for the Rebel Football faithful... If Guy Morris is indeed the next football coach at Boyle County, will you all be satisfied? I don't mean that sarcasticly at all, it is an honest question. IMO, it is going to take total support from community, parents, and administration for the next head coach to be successful! Even Guy Morris won't be able to turn the program around all by himself, he will need support. :thumb:

I have a question for the Rebel Football faithful... If Guy Morris is indeed the next football coach at Boyle County, will you all be satisfied? I don't mean that sarcasticly at all, it is an honest question. IMO, it is going to take total support from community, parents, and administration for the next head coach to be successful! Even Guy Morris won't be able to turn the program around all by himself, he will need support. :thumb:

 

Valid question.

 

I don't think the program is as bad as you made it sound though. Boyle did not have a winning season for the first time since the very early 90's. True. But they were competitive in most of the losses and their schedule was about as tough as any 4A school in the state.

 

What does a Guy Morris hire mean? I don't really know. I think the Boyle program has every bit the ability to be a contender once again and the fans will be happy with that. Most don't expect a run like we had. What will be expected is to be competitive and a threat to do well in the playoffs.

I heard he has a home and land located in Boyle County which would logically explain his ties to the area. Yeah, that would be something. I'll have to ask my source if any of this is true.

 

He still owns a farm in the Perryville area. That is the "draw" of this job. (If there really is a draw)

 

I heard this same rumor over Xmas and find it hard to believe that Morris would accept the job or be a long term tenure for it. Whoever they hire, I am hoping for the best for the program.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.