Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2007 Lawrence County

Featured Replies

What does Lawrence County need to do to improve in 2007? What do they need to keep doing to be successful? Remember, please be constructive.

  • Replies 74
  • Views 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Numbers really hurt LC the past couple of years. I look for the numbers to go up with the addition of some coaches to the coaching staff. O-line and D-line have to improve. The talent in the backfield is there, just needs the holes to run through. Defense needs work with the LB's. They need to see the play and react to what they are seeing. Read their keys on each play and attack. Defensive line needs to keep the opposing O-line from getting to the 2nd level against our LB's and allow them to run and make plays while the D-line closes gaps.

I watched only one game of theirs on tape and this is what I think.

 

Special teams play all areas must improve 100%

I watched only one game of theirs on tape and this is what I think.

 

Special teams play all areas must improve 100%

 

 

:thumb:

LC has a great football tradition. They have added some new coaches to their staff and their expectations are high. I look forward to seeing some great things come out of Lawrence County this fall.

Good luck to the Bulldogs.

I hope coach Goldsmith and staff can get the numbers back up. Looks like several young players got some quality experience last year, which will pay big dividends this year. Good luck to the Bulldogs in 2008.

I expect numbers to be up next season just like Fan said.

Offense:

O-Line needs to improve and get stronger in the off season. But one thing on offense that they need to do more than anything is "Hold onto the Ball". Fumbles killed several drives last year when several games was still in balance.

 

Defense:

I think LBs will be OK they just need some help on the line and need to work on the DB also. But the main thing the defense needs the most help at is back to the offense, score points and don't turn it over. The defense played tough for a half but after being on the field so much they wore down.

 

Special Teams:

Actually this is something LC has never really had, so any improvement would show.

 

Heart:

LC needs to rekindled some of that passion that had LC at the top during the 90's

 

Support:

Fans have been patient but only those who are diehard fans. Fairweather fans left when the team suffered a few losses. All fans need to show that they believe in these young men and trust me you will see good things.

 

Coaching:

Finally Goldsmith and his very small coaching staff get some help, that can only translate to a positive.

There probably was a thread on this but I was unable to find it if there was.

 

What is the outlook for LCHS this coming season?

There probably was a thread on this but I was unable to find it if there was.

 

What is the outlook for LCHS this coming season?

 

 

One word :

 

Positive!!!:D :thumb:

Who is in their district? Who is coaching? Is Goldsmith still there?

 

District 4-8

Boyd Co.

Greenup Co.

Lawrence Co.

Rowan Co.

Its more than likely just me being bias but I really believe if LC can stay healthy they are going to shock the state this year.

Its more than likely just me being bias but I really believe if LC can stay healthy they are going to shock the state this year.

I didn't think that LCHS would be down for long. There is too much of a love for football and tradition there for them to be out of the picture for too long.:thumb: This is one Raceland fan that really respects the Bulldog tradition :thumb: . I have witnessed som VERY good football games between our schools in te 70's and 80's.

 

Who are some of your kids/players to watch out for this coming season?

District 4-8

Boyd Co.

Greenup Co.

Lawrence Co.

Rowan Co.

 

Lawrence Co. in my opinion would definately be the favorite to win this district. LC has the athletes in place this year and in years past to be successful but had struggles. This year, they appear to be clicking and have found a new offensive philosophy that works for the players they have in place. If LC can avoid the injury bug this year, which in the past years has plaqued them, I as well believe they could be a bit of a shock to other teams around the state with the new 6 Class format.

Lawrence Co. in my opinion would definately be the favorite to win this district. LC has the athletes in place this year and in years past to be successful but had struggles. This year, they appear to be clicking and have found a new offensive philosophy that works for the players they have in place. If LC can avoid the injury bug this year, which in the past years has plaqued them, I as well believe they could be a bit of a shock to other teams around the state with the new 6 Class format.

 

:thumb:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.