2007 Lawrence County

theguru

Devils play down in Louisa , anything is possible ... From the heckeling adult dawgs on the sideline , kids on the field and the ref's likely from a local Fort Gay WVa watering hole ...

What a hostile atmosphere , looking forward to it ...

Somewhat like Vipperman .... Only lights on in Louisa will be at the Power Plant ...

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Devils play down in Louisa , anything is possible ... From the heckeling adult dawgs on the sideline , kids on the field and the ref's likely from a local Fort Gay WVa watering hole ...

Somewhat like Vipperman .... Only lights on in Louisa will be at the Power Plant ...

The small things in life are what make it worth the while. :lol: :lol: Cant wait to see that Russell bus pull in and Welcome in all the Russell fans, hope you have a safe trip to Louisa this fall.:thumb:

Well you haven't been to Louisa in a while. LC added a new track which no one is allowed on except cheerleaders. There are new bleachers on both sides of the field and no sidelines to stand around, you either sit or stand behind the fence which is outside of the new track. But still is loud just have to yell louder :D

And the ref's have never came from WV , usually the same refs that would be at Henry R. Evans will be at Luke Varney.

One thing for sure it is great to see Russell back on the schedule, I have seen some of the best High School games between these two teams in my life. I really hope I can make it back in for this one.

Well you haven't been to Louisa in a while. LC added a new track which no one is allowed on except cheerleaders. There are new bleachers on both sides of the field and no sidelines to stand around, you either sit or stand behind the fence which is outside of the new track. But still is loud just have to yell louder :D

And the ref's have never came from WV , usually the same refs that would be at Henry R. Evans will be at Luke Varney.

One thing for sure it is great to see Russell back on the schedule, I have seen some of the best High School games between these two teams in my life. I really hope I can make it back in for this one.

However, the field still has the big hill in the middle and you feel like you are running downhill after the 20 yard line.:lol:

• 3 weeks later...
The Dawgs return several talented kids at key positions: QB, RB, WR, TE

But they did lose a All-State Lineman in Nathan Carter, but have alot of underclassmen ready to step up.

This year will be just the beginning of another outstanding run of outstanding seasons and playoff runs. They have tons of talent at the underclassmen levels and the coffers look very good all the way down to the 6th grade. Alot of people are excited about Bulldog Football in Louisa again and for good reason.

Thanks for the info/summary BLUE, I will be keeping up with Lawrence Co. this season and I really look for the Bulldogs to do well. I have always respected Lawrence Co. Bulldog football and remember some great h.s. fotball games between Raceland and Lawrence in the past. I have also made some new friends from your neck of the woods through BGP, good people. :thumb:

Thanks for the info/summary BLUE, I will be keeping up with Lawrence Co. this season and I really look for the Bulldogs to do well. I have always respected Lawrence Co. Bulldog football and remember some great h.s. fotball games between Raceland and Lawrence in the past. I have also made some new friends from your neck of the woods through BGP, good people. :thumb:

Ahhh we try :thumb: :lol:

Nice article on Lawrence Co. in today's Independent.

http://www.dailyindependent.com/localsports/local_story_217001448.html

That was a very good article, I read that this morning. I liked how the article spoke of the Lawrence Co. football tradition as well as this years squad. Imo that is a lot like Raceland, Ashland, Russell and others around the state in that te football tradition makes the program and is a sense of pride for the community.

That was a very good article, I read that this morning. I liked how the article spoke of the Lawrence Co. football tradition as well as this years squad. Imo that is a lot like Raceland, Ashland, Russell and others around the state in that te football tradition makes the program and is a sense of pride for the community.

Its been that way around this part of the state for a while. I think if LC can just gain some heart and confidence then they should be alright.