Everything posted by thegame523
-
Pre-Christmas in Florida
We are hosting a pre-Christmas shootout at Milton High School in Milton Florida (15 minutes east of Pensacola). There is no entry fee. 2 game guarantee. 20 minutes from 2 different beaches (Pensacola Beach & Navarre Beach). Nice facility, hospitality room, good competition. The dates are Dec. 18 & 19. A third game on the 17th is a possibility if needed. If you are interested and/or need more info please contact me on X (formerly Twitter) @CoachA523
-
Pre-Christmas Shootout in Florida
We could possibly play an out of state opponent on that Thursday if that helps make the trip worthwhile.
-
Pre-Christmas Shootout in Florida
Just took a new job at Milton HS in Florida which is close to Pensacola (20 mins) and close to the beach (30 mins) and we will be hosting a boys (and possibly girls) shootout Dec. 19th & 20th. If you know of anyone that might be interested please have them contact me on X @CoachA523 We have a very nice facility, great support, great competition, close to the beach.
-
Open Job: Graves County
I know this used to be a very solid job, is it still a good job? Support, admin, etc...?
-
Open Job: Paul Laurence Dunbar
Anyone know if there will be a teaching slot with this position? I know Coach Chalk had already retired from teaching previously.
-
2020 Gardner Law King of the Bluegrass - Cancelled
That is great news. Hopefully that ends up being how it goes. Thanks for the info. Some good news is what we or at least I have needed for awhile now.
-
Open Job: Christian County
Why do a nationwide search if you are going to hire a shocker, as what I am inferring is not someone who many thought might get it???
-
2020 Gardner Law King of the Bluegrass - Cancelled
They are playing in the City of Palms in Fort Myers.
-
Trinity labeled KY team of the decade on Maxpreps
The top 10 were as follows, and Maxpreps had their own way of giving points in these ratings. 1. Trinity 2. Ballard 3. Covington Catholic Tie 3. Scott County 5. Bowling Green 6. Henry Clay 7. Lexington Catholic 8. Madison Central 9. Newport Central Catholic 10. Bullitt East with the next 5 being: Oldham County, Dunbar, Christian County, Fern Creek & Warren Central
-
Open Job: Seneca
Just from reading the above paragraph I am not sure why someone would leave Seneca to go to Manual. I am way on the outside looking in though. Just wondering. Thanks!
-
Covington Catholic 66 Blanche Ely (FL) 43
I've been a full fledged paying member of NFHS Network (used to be play on sports) for probably over 10 years now and there have been very little if any improvements since I first started as a member. It is really ridiculous, but as a coach I almost have to subscribe to scout and/or study to get better as they carry more games than all of the rest of the online services combined.
-
Preseason Top 5?
I actually saw a game online with Trinity and you are very correct, they did not look near to the standard of what they've been for year, but then again it is the summer and most likely were missing guys. I know we played the whole summer here in Fl. and never played with our whole team, not 1 game.
-
Preseason Top 5?
I guess I didn't realize Cov Cath had that great of a summer. Don't get me wrong I think as highly of Coach Ruthsatz as most any coach in the game and I know he has built a "program" that will be competitive most every year. Good stuff so far. Thanks guys!
-
Preseason Top 5?
Was wondering who might be considered for this? From what I read this summer it seems that deservedly so Male will be almost a consensus number 1. Where do the normal contenders fall (Trinity, Ballard, Cov. Cath, etc...) Just trying to get some discussion going.
-
Floyd Central (IN) 66 St. Xavier 49
Actually Floyd Central is ranked in the top 5 in most every poll in Indiana. Super coached and great defensively, plus good players especially the Indiana St. commit. All that is usually a remedy for a tough night. No shame in that loss at all.
-
Harmon ineligible?
I didn't understand the move myself as there seem to be multiple places in Ky. he could go to that is a top flight program who plays a top flight schedule with top flight coaching. Not saying that Marshall County is lacking in any of those areas, but they haven't been a perennial contender for a state title or even a blip on the radar for a long time. Also I could see a move to an Oak Hill, Montverde, Findlay Prep etc...but ummm Montrose Christian is no longer on the list of schools like that to be mentioned. Pretty sure they didn't even have a varsity last year nor will they this year. The last time they were a national power was 2010-11 when Stu Vetter was still coaching there. Should be interesting to see how this turns out.
-
2018 Gardner Law King of the Bluegrass
Do Fern Creek and Covington Catholic not return much and weren't invited because of that or did either or both choose to go elsewhere? Just wondering. A great field indeed.
-
Tallahassee mens basketball
So what is the alternative for these young men ???? Having everything paid for and a chance to get caught up and play at the 4 year level sounds like a good option compared to ???? You are saying I am kidding myself thinking it is a good gig. Many guys need juco for the reasons you state. Many are under-recruited and can help themselves. I don't understand what your reasoning is. The stats you talk about come from where. I watched more than 10 jucos in Fl play early this year and throughout the year and all but 1 team finished with the majority of their roster intact. And again I ask what are their options. I was an assistant on a team that had 9 guys go D-1, the other 3 either went d-2 or NAIA or returned the next year as they were freshmen. 2 of the D-1 guys went on the make an NBA roster and many others played overseas as are those 2 guys. Not sure besides D-1 and some D-2's that pay for EVERYTHING in college. I realize not all states do that, but Fl, Texas, Kansas among others do.
-
Tallahassee mens basketball
Not real sure what your definition of hard work is? Once you get to the college level the work basketball wise gets much harder regardless. TCC is obviously in the same city as Florida State. The guys live in very nice places, play in an extremely competitive conference. In Florida their scholarships normally pay for their room & board, meals, books, and tuition. In many cases where they get pell grants they get to keep that as spending money because everything else is paid for. Doesn't sound all that bad to me.
-
Covington Catholic 73 Scott County 55 (Sweet 16 Championship)
Leesburg ended the year 30-1 and won the 4th largest class in Fl, but was arguably the 2nd best team in Fl, behind Montverde. Oak Ridge and Ely the 9A & 8A state champs could argue, but I'd take Leesburg. 2 GREAT TEAMS in Leesburg and CC. Would pay to watch them play a best of 7.
-
Scott County 71 Bishop Gorman (NV) 62
Actually they finished 7th. The 5th place winner was Imhotep from Philadelphia who beat Moeller for 5th, 3rd place was Dematha. All of those winners ended up with only 1 loss in the tournament.
-
Scott County 71 Bishop Gorman (NV) 62
Basically means the teams that lost their first game play in a bracket the opposite way of the championship (undefeated) bracket and they won their next 3 games after losing the first to end up 3-1 and therefore are the consolation champions.
-
Basketball Scrimmages
Great info! Thanks. I'm sure those best 2 would have a made a difference. Would love to see them both play each other at full strength.
-
2017 Gardner Law King of the Bluegrass
Fantastic! Already a full fledged member of the network for the past several years. They do a great job. Thanks so much for the info!!!
-
2017 Gardner Law King of the Bluegrass
Impressive field for sure. Any chance it will be online anywhere this year ?