Lexington Christian

Walton_Verona

Pulaski County

Ensworth - Nashville, TN

West Linn - Portland, OR

Cleveland - Seattle, WA

Palmetto - Miami, FL

From the Courier-Journal / 7/7/2017

Trinity High School's boys basketball team will face a tough test of in-state and out-of-state opponents as it looks to defend its title in the 2017 King of the Bluegrass.

Defending KHSAA state champion Bowling Green, runner-up Cooper and defending KOB champion Trinity headline this year's field of 16 teams for the annual tournament. The 37th edition of the King of the Bluegrass is set for Dec. 19-23 at Fairdale High School.

Trinity junior David Johnson was named the MVP of last year's King of the Bluegrass and finished the regular season averaging 10.5 points and 4.8 rebounds per game.

Of the out-of-state teams, Tennessee's Ensworth features five-star power forward James Wiseman. The 6-foot-10, 210-pound junior reportedly holds offers from Indiana, Kansas, Texas, Alabama, Tennessee and more and this summer he helped lead the U.S. Under-16 Men's Basketball Team to the FIBA U-16 America's championships.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5th Region no show. Guess last year's showing at Rupp didn't do the region any favors. John Hardin (if all stays in place) will be a top 15 team in the state, wish they could have made this field. In any case I'll be in the building to watch. Good field.

5th Region no show. Guess last year's showing at Rupp didn't do the region any favors. John Hardin (if all stays in place) will be a top 15 team in the state, wish they could have made this field. In any case I'll be in the building to watch. Good field.

John would certainly have been the 5th Region's best offering with a chance to compete up there. They look to be the clear favorite this year with the grad losses across the board in the region. I don't know that anybody else in the 5th would be able to compete in that level of a tournament.

Who will John starts

1.) darion davis

2.) the transfer just got from Mississippi

3.) Mickey Pearson

4.) Anthony Witherspoon

Who will be their 5th? I know they had a good jv team last year

I think it's up in the air right now. If I had to guess:

Malik Wright

Mickey Pearson

Anthony Witherspoon

Jachai Walker

and one of the following

Aaron Scott

Darion Davis

Quashaun (don't remember his last name)

Davis is just too inconsistent at the point for coaches liking right now I think

It could be stated that it is more difficult to win the KOB than the LIT or even the Boys Sweet 16 and you could have many in agreement. The field that the leadership of the KOB bring from out of state is what makes this event special. They select teams from all over the country as shown this year while mixing in strong locals area teams and a few from elsewhere in the state to bring a good mix of solid teams seldom found in a 16 team field. Very few easy games when this tourney kicks off.

It could be stated that it is more difficult to win the KOB than the LIT or even the Boys Sweet 16 and you could have many in agreement. The field that the leadership of the KOB bring from out of state is what makes this event special. They select teams from all over the country as shown this year while mixing in strong locals area teams and a few from elsewhere in the state to bring a good mix of solid teams seldom found in a 16 team field. Very few easy games when this tourney kicks off.

I completely agree. The atmosphere is also much better than the LIT, regionals, or even the Sweet 16. Packed gym, people basically sitting on the court.

Every team is guaranteed 3 games...max 4. 28 games in 5 days...after first round we use two gyms 30 feet apart. One entrance...one price. All games (except Championship Day) start at 4:30.

First Round 12/19/2017 and 12/20/2017

Wednesday - 4 games - 4:30 - 6:00 -7:30 - 9:00

Thursday - 4 games

Second Round - 12/20/17

Friday - 8 games - two gyms

Third Round- 12/21/2017

Saturday - 8 games - two gyms

Fourth Round - 12/23/2017

Sunday - four games - one gym

3:00 - Consolation Bracket Championship

4:30 - Fifth / Sixth Place game

6:00 - Runner-up / Third and Fourth Place game

7:30 - Championship

One thing that is nice...on Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday we only play in one gym. Therefore we allow teams to warm-up in the other gym as long as they want but they only get 10 minutes on the main floor. That allows us to keep very close to our game times. If a game is over early we don't start until the assigned time. On Frisay and Saturday warm-up time is 15 minutes.

The schedule and pairings won't be announced until mid November after we receive the state rankings.