2017 Gardner Law King of the Bluegrass

Every team is guaranteed 3 games...max 4. 28 games in 5 days...after first round we use two gyms 30 feet apart. One entrance...one price. All games (except Championship Day) start at 4:30.

First Round 12/19/2017 and 12/20/2017 Wednesday

Are the dates wrong on the first round? You have down 12/20 as the 2nd day of first round and the 2nd round.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good catch, I am not affiliated with the KOB but the 2017 calendar shows Wednesday and Thursday 1st round games as the 20th & 21st. The Friday 2nd round would be on the 22nd, 3rd round on Saturday the 23rd and the championship on Sunday on the 24th. That Sunday is Christmas Eve, so perhaps these are not the days at all. I am sure KOB will clear up the exact days of the event. I just have always enjoyed this event more than any HS holiday tourney I have ever attended. It is far and away the best in KY during December in my opinion.

Sorry...that's what happens when you get OLD. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Every team is guaranteed 3 games...max 4. 28 games in 5 days...after first round we use two gyms 30 feet apart. One entrance...one price. All games (except Championship Day) start at 4:30.

First Round 12/19/2017 and 12/20/2017

Tuesday - 4 games - 4:30 - 6:00 -7:30 - 9:00

Wednesday - 4 games

Second Round - 12/20/17

Thursday - 8 games - two gyms

Third Round - 12/21/2017

Friday - 8 games - two gyms

Fourth Round - 12/23/2017

Saturday - four games - one gym

3:00 - Consolation Bracket Championship

4:30 - Fifth / Sixth Place game

6:00 - Runner-up / Third and Fourth Place game

7:30 - Championship

Sorry...that's what happens when you get OLD. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Wednesday - 4 games

Second Round - 12/20/17

Third Round - 12/21/2017

To be clear again... I believe something is still incorrect, either the Days or Dates.

To be clear again... I believe something is still incorrect, either the Days or Dates.

First Round 12/18/2017 and 12/19/2017

Wednesday - 4 games

Second Round - 12/20/17

Third Round - 12/21/2017

Fourth Round - 12/22/2017

According to my calendar.

Wednesday - 4 games

Second Round - 12/21/17

Third Round - 12/22/2017

West Linn out of Portlaand, Oregon is always a contender for 6A state championships. They always have DI players. When they called to inquire about coming to the KOB they ask, " How tough is the completion? Is it going to be good enough for us?" I said, "In Kentucky preseason polls this year we had 1-2-3-5-6-7-8-9-11-14...along with teams ranked in Georgia, ALabama and Chicago." He ask again, " But how good were they." Franklin High School in Seattle won the KOB when Peyton Siva was a senior. When they called and ask if we had an opening I told them we were full. Two days later we lost a team out of Philadelphia...I called Franklin and they had already signed to go to San Diego. They recommended Seattle Cleveland. They have, according to the Franklin coach, one of the best players/shooters he has ever seen. They also have DI players. Everybody know Miami schools always have size and talent. Palmetto has the son of a coach that brought his team to the KOB several years ago.

We always research out-of-state teams very thouroughly. I check thier talent, state ranking, national ranking, size, reputation, schedule, returning starters and read sports articles about some of thier games. As always, we probably had 12-15 teams hoping to come to the KOB. We will be watching several of those teams for the 2018 KOB. We are always watching for teams for the future.

John would certainly have been the 5th Region's best offering with a chance to compete up there. They look to be the clear favorite this year with the grad losses across the board in the region. I don't know that anybody else in the 5th would be able to compete in that level of a tournament.

Not so fast my friend (Lee Corso Voice)

West Linn out of Portlaand, Oregon is always a contender for 6A state championships. They always have DI players. When they called to inquire about coming to the KOB they ask, " How tough is the completion? Is it going to be good enough for us?"

Good bulletin board reading material for our Kentucky teams, kids, and fans! KOB! :-)

This message is to all Bluegrass Prep members, high school coaches, athletic directors, high schools and fans. The King of the Bluegrass has NEVER and will NEVER take a team OUT of our tournament because a player leaves a school. We invite TEAMS, COACHES and FAN to our tournament. NO 9TH GRADER is bigger than our tournament. Since AAU basketball has arrived as it is today we face these issues every year. Players come and go, good coaches and good PROGRAM come to the KOB.

Why is everyone surprised? Tyger Campbell was the #1 eighth grade three years ago and played for Christ Presbyterian from Nashville. They played in the KOB. At the end of the year he ended up at a prep school in Indiana. I wonder what they gave him? Several years ago, if you recall, there was a highly ranked eighth grader at South Warren (they had a contract to play in the KOB) he also left and went...who know where.

Now, South Warren did not play in the KOB. THEY requested we let them out of the KOB contract and we honored their request. That's the ONLY way we will, upon mutual agreement, take a team out of our tournament.

Once again somebody is giving this young man bad advice. They are taking him away from a school that showcased him to the fullest...I call this USING the school that has GREAT talent around him to make himself look great. WHERE IS THE LOYALTY?

My prediction is this. If they don't surround him with very good talent his game will suffer. He had better have a great big man that must be double teamed if his game is to flourish. (Hopefully Wiseman from Nashville Ensworth doesn't follow him to Adair County). Unless a bus load of kids transfer to Adair County he will be double teamed and physically challenged ever night.

Many of you know that I worked for Hubie Brown for several years. He once told me, "Anytime you promise a kid something, wheather it be high school or college...HE OWNS YOU". The ONLY thing I ever promised a kid was that I was going to be on him about his character and his grades. No PLAYER is going to hold me hostage.

To all BOWLING GREEN coaches, players and fans, NO PLAYER IS BIGGER than the TEAM and we are excited to have you in the Gardner Law King of the Bluegrass.

One, if not the biggest tournaments in the country, takes teams out of thier tournament if a big time player leaves...we DON'T do that.

Just so you know, two years ago 44 of the top 100 kids in the high school rankings were NOT in the same school their senior year as their junior year.

This message is to all Bluegrass Prep members, high school coaches, athletic directors, high schools and fans. The King of the Bluegrass has NEVER and will NEVER take a team OUT of our tournament because a player leaves a school. We invite TEAMS, COACHES and FAN to our tournament. NO 9TH GRADER is bigger than our tournament. Since AAU basketball has arrived as it is today we face these issues every year. Players come and go, good coaches and good PROGRAM come to the KOB.

Why is everyone surprised? Tyger Campbell was the #1 eighth grade three years ago and played for Christ Presbyterian from Nashville. They played in the KOB. At the end of the year he ended up at a prep school in Indiana. I wonder what they gave him? Several years ago, if you recall, there was a highly ranked eighth grader at South Warren (they had a contract to play in the KOB) he also left and went...who know where.

Now, South Warren did not play in the KOB. THEY requested we let them out of the KOB contract and we honored their request. That's the ONLY way we will, upon mutual agreement, take a team out of our tournament.

Once again somebody is giving this young man bad advice. They are taking him away from a school that showcased him to the fullest...I call this USING the school that has GREAT talent around him to make himself look great. WHERE IS THE LOYALTY?

My prediction is this. If they don't surround him with very good talent his game will suffer. He had better have a great big man that must be double teamed if his game is to flourish. (Hopefully Wiseman from Nashville Ensworth doesn't follow him to Adair County). Unless a bus load of kids transfer to Adair County he will be double teamed and physically challenged ever night.

Many of you know that I worked for Hubie Brown for several years. He once told me, "Anytime you promise a kid something, wheather it be high school or college...HE OWNS YOU". The ONLY thing I ever promised a kid was that I was going to be on him about his character and his grades. No PLAYER is going to hold me hostage.

To all BOWLING GREEN coaches, players and fans, NO PLAYER IS BIGGER than the TEAM and we are excited to have you in the Gardner Law King of the Bluegrass.

One, if not the biggest tournaments in the country, takes teams out of thier tournament if a big time player leaves...we DON'T do that.

Just so you know, two years ago 44 of the top 100 kids in the high school rankings were NOT in the same school their senior year as their junior year.