2020 Gardner Law King of the Bluegrass - Cancelled

Elizabethtown, Male, CovCath, Martin County, Ballard, Beechwood, Bowling Green, Eastern, Fairdale, Marshall County, North Laurel, Oldham County, Spencer County and Trinity from Kentucky. Dorman (SC) and Brentwood (TN) will be the out of state teams in this year's field. 

E-town, Male, CCH, and Martin County all won their regions last season. Dorman is coming off its fourth straight 5A state title. Brentwood will be of interest to BBN as Skyy Clark, being heavily recruited by UK, will be playing. 

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/preps/kentucky/2020/07/08/king-bluegrass-2020-boys-basketball-tournament-field-set/5395261002/

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

Elizabethtown, Male, CovCath, Martin County, Ballard, Beechwood, Bowling Green, Eastern, Fairdale, Marshall County, North Laurel, Oldham County, Spencer County and Trinity from Kentucky. Dorman (SC) and Brentwood (TN) will be the out of state teams in this year's field. 

E-town, Male, CCH, and Martin County all won their regions last season. Dorman is coming off its fourth straight 5A state title. Brentwood will be of interest to BBN as Skyy Clark, being heavily recruited by UK, will be playing. 

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/preps/kentucky/2020/07/08/king-bluegrass-2020-boys-basketball-tournament-field-set/5395261002/

I'm guessing Fern Creek was invited and declined.  Field just looks a little weak, but it will still be a good show.

2 minutes ago, 4 Quarters said:

I'm guessing Fern Creek was invited and declined.  Field just looks a little weak, but it will still be a good show.

I'd imagine FC wasn't invited, but that is pure speculation on my part. 

I certainly wouldn't consider the field weak. 

2 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

5 teams from the final BluegrassPreps Rankings from last season - 4 of them out of the top 10. Several more very strong teams.

BluegrassPreps.com Final Boys Basketball Rankings for 2019-2020

It looks likes a great field to me as long as teams actually play this season. I personally would have liked to see Fern Creek too. They would be one of, if not the favorite to win it. I think they're playing in Florida for a national showcase tournament so maybe they couldn't fit in both. 

As long as Zion Harmon stays at MC then they'll stay in. If he opts to graduate early I would think they may bow out. I am lookong forward to see the Clark kid play for Brentwood. He's probably the most highly rated player in the tourney. Lots of good individual talent and always is one of the best in-season tourney's I look forward to attending every year.

Loads of good players individually in this tournament.

Etown- Jaquias Franklin (offered by Illinois-Chicago)

Ballard- Maker Bar, Jack Edelen, and Gabe Sisk. (Bar has EKU and WKU interest)

Cov Cath- Chandler Starks 

Martin County- Trey James and Brady Dingess (James has offers from Iowa, Wake Forest)

Marshall County- Zion Harmon (WKU Commit, top 25 ranked by ESPN)

Bowling Green-Isaiah Mason & Turner Buttry (Mason EKU and NKU offers, Buttry EKU offer)

North Laurel- Reed Sheppard and Ryan Davidson (Sheppard has Stetson offer)

Spencer County- Sam Conley (22 PPG last year)

Eastern- James Jewell and Christian Spalding (Jewell UK, Cincy, WKU, Xavier, Texas Tech interest) (Spaldling has Belmont, WKU, Butler interest)

Male- Kaleb Glenn ( 13 PPG, 10 RPG as a Freshman)

Trinity- Miles Franklin (Evansville, Morehead St. interest)

Beechwood- Scotty Draud (23 PPG last year)

Brentwood Academy TN- Skyy Clark (UK offer, top 20 player nationally in 2022)

1 hour ago, ConverseAllStar said:

Fern Creek not in the field doesn't surprise me given their history in this tournament.  I was surprised not to see Lexington Catholic.

KOB tweeted that Fern Creek was invited, but they’re playing in Florida instead.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, The Professor said:

I wonder if Ashland was invited? They have most of their team back from an undefeated season. 

Do they have any highly touted college prospects? Because that’s generally what drives the KOB invites. 

8 hours ago, DragonFire said:

Do they have any highly touted college prospects? Because that’s generally what drives the KOB invites. 

Sophomore point guard Colin Porter is A D-1 prospect, as is junior Cole Villers. They’ve also added a 6’9 transfer from West Virginia but I don’t know many details about him. 

And they were undefeated last season at 33-0 and won their region. That should mean something as far as an invite. 
However, its also possible that they might have been invited and was already committed to another event. 

• theguru changed the title to 2020 King of the Bluegrass Field Announced - Cancelled
  • Colonels_Wear_Blue changed the title to 2020 Gardner Law King of the Bluegrass - Cancelled