Everything posted by tcjkbt
-
Louisville 101 Florida State 92
I had the feeling they were going to blow it at the end but they persevered this time. It was almost comical the way UL was giving up uncontested layups the last minute or so, being willing to trade a 2-point layup for two free throws at the other end. In a reversal of form I was watching UL at the end because UK was a lost cause last night. Usually, it is the other way around. As the TV announcer said, you have to like UL's win on a "human level."
-
Liam Coen to Tampa Bay
Get Will Stein, former Trinity and UL quarterback, currently OC at Oregon. The Ducks put up a lot of points this year with Bo Nix. But I question whether either party would be interested.
-
Liam Coen to Tampa Bay
I wonder how much difference in pay there is between these two positions on average. If the NFL pays more and you can avoid NIL, portal, HS recruiting, etc., then the NFL looks all the better.
-
Lexington Catholic 66 Trinity 56
Trinity had a lot of trouble with the Knights' 3-2 zone. LC was up by 8 at half and held T to 6 in the 3rd quarter. Game over. The lead expanded to 20 before T made a non-consequential mini-rally late in the 4th. LC clearly much the better team tonight.
-
2024 Trinity Shamrocks
Trinity RB, Clint Sansbury, and receiver/RB, Luke Sasser, have both committed to Centre College. Coach Frye is getting two good, hard-working young men.
-
Class of 2023
Kaleb Glenn from Male (played senior year at La Lumiere School in La Porte, Indiana) is averaging about 11 minutes per game for U of L and 19.5 minutes for his last two games. He is 6'6" and weighs 205.
-
Lexington Catholic at Trinity Predictions/Updates (2/2)
I assume Coach Szabo is still out for Trinity. I wish him well.
-
Florida 94 Kentucky 91 (OT)
Seems like Tre Mitchell's performance has fallen off.
-
Lexington Catholic at Trinity Predictions/Updates (2/2)
What are the strengths of Catholic? If memory serves, Trinity has not had a strerling record recently at home against Lexington schools. Over the past 4-5 years, I believe they have lost to Lexington Christian, Lexington Catholic, Henry Clay and maybe others.
-
Trinity 78 Madison Central 49
Trinity has won 10 of their last 11 with the only loss being the controversial loss to St. X. They have a tough next game versus Lexington Catholic.
-
Ballard 72 Male 69 (OT)
Badly needed win for the Bruins.
-
Trinity 81 Saint Xavier 59
Very nice win for Coach Saxton.
-
South Carolina 79 Kentucky 62
Fair point.
-
Get well soon Coach Szabo
I noticed that he did not seem to have his usual energy at the Atherton game on December 8. He pretty much sat the whole game. I sure hope he fully recovers from whatever ails him. He has been good for Trinity.
-
Incarnate Word Academy (MO) 52 Sacred Heart 50
This is 116 consecutive wins for Incarnate.
-
2024 Trinity Shamrocks
I believe that Trinity had about 10 freshmen last year who practiced with the varsity and never played in a freshman game (and T had a very good frosh team). At least two of them started varsity---CB and QB. If these kids develop normally, work hard and continue with their good attitude, the Rocks could be tough the next few years.
-
North Oldham 70 Christian Academy-Louisville 54
They are quietly putting together a great year. Are they legitimate state championjship contenders? I think so.
-
KHSAA meeting: Running clock change
Yeah, I always thought was a bad look. But I can see the other side too: put the opponenet out of its misery.
-
Mississippi State at Kentucky Predictions/Updates
I imagine Miss St is physical, and this may account for the thin spread. UK has some great young players but they are not physically mature yet and don't have what I call "man strength." I think this is going to be a problem for this team. As I watch the good teams from the SEC and other conferences on TV - Big East, Big Ten, Big 12 mainly - this relative lack of maturity and strength becomes more apparent to me. Maybe I'm wrong and UK can handle this -----hope so.
-
Buccaneers 32 Eagles 9 (AFC Super Wild Card)
What happened to them? It has to be some combination of coaching, front office and/or locker room problems. Rarely do you see such a supposedly good team nosedive so badly.
-
Bills 31 Steelers 17 (AFC Super Wild Card)
Exactly. Steelers would not or could not throw the ball downfield, among other things.
-
Packers at 49ers Predictions/Updates (NFC Divisional Round)
Does anyone know the status of Packers RB Corey Dillon? He is a good complement to Aaron Jones.
-
Texas A&M 97 Kentucky 92
It looked to me on the offensive foul that the ball had already left the shooter's hand and was in the air so to speak. If so, IMO that would not make it an offensive foul....maybe a loose ball foul.
-
St. Xavier 59 Trinity 58 (OT) (2024 LIT)
On the one hand, the officials blew that call. On the other, maybe we should be glad we still have people willing to be officials. I wasn't at the game but I trust both teams and their fans comported themselves well after the game ended, that is, no fights, no berating the officials, no goading, etc. As far as offensive philosophies go, it seems that Trinity's prevailed but that St. X was actually better at it.
-
Kentucky at Texas A&M Predictions/Updates
With a sense of dread, I am waiting for UK to have that terrible game that seems to happen to all teams at some point. However, today I think if UK can show some toughness on the boards, they can pull out the win. I assume the Aggie crowd will be all jacked up so that will make it tougher. If UK does win, it will be a big win for this team.