Liam Coen to Tampa Bay

TheDeuce

I would assume this will be more and more commonplace with college coaches going to the NFL.  The NIL and the transfer portal just makes coaching college football a brutal, never-ending pursuit.

As a Kentucky fan, I wish he would have stayed.  But, I can't blame him (or any college coach for that matter) for making the jump to the NFL in this current time.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bluebird said:

Not sorry to see him go.  How about Gino Guidulli?

The guy leaves ND as QB coach to KY? Why? At ND they think about national championships......at UK they think about beating South Carolina and Vanderbilt.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 9068 said:

The guy leaves ND as QB coach to KY? Why? At ND they think about national championships......at UK they think about beating South Carolina and Vanderbilt.

I get what you're saying but that's all Notre Dame is doing, THINKING about National Championships. They haven't won a title since 1988.

50 minutes ago, sportsfan41 said:

I get what you're saying but that's all Notre Dame is doing, THINKING about National Championships. They haven't won a title since 1988.

They've been a bit more successful than UK right? Most folks feel Notre Dame is a much better situation than KY and always has been. That one in 1988 is at least one more than UK.

2 hours ago, 9068 said:

They've been a bit more successful than UK right? Most folks feel Notre Dame is a much better situation than KY and always has been. That one in 1988 is at least one more than UK.

Hints, the reason I said I get what you're saying.  However, UK has a comparable record over the last few years and probably close to as many wins as Notre Dame.  Bowl wins, Kentucky is 4-4 since Stoops has been there, Notre Dame is 6-4 in the same time.  It's just not a huge difference especially when you look at the opponents and Notre Dame had been "better" the last 10 years. 

On 2/2/2024 at 9:12 AM, bruin66 said:

I would assume this will be more and more commonplace with college coaches going to the NFL.  The NIL and the transfer portal just makes coaching college football a brutal, never-ending pursuit.

As a Kentucky fan, I wish he would have stayed.  But, I can't blame him (or any college coach for that matter) for making the jump to the NFL in this current time.

I wonder how much difference in pay there is between these two positions on average.   If the  NFL pays more and you can avoid NIL, portal, HS recruiting, etc., then the  NFL looks all the better.

23 hours ago, 9068 said:

Because offensive coordinator is closer to head coach than QB coach is. Very very few Head Coaches weren't a Coordinator prior to moving up to the Head Coach. 

1 hour ago, Jumper_Dad said:

Because offensive coordinator is closer to head coach than QB coach is. Very very few Head Coaches weren't a Coordinator prior to moving up to the Head Coach. 

I believe he was OC at Cincinnati before going to Wisconsin and then to ND.