Buccaneers 32 Eagles 9 (AFC Super Wild Card)

9 hours ago, mcpapa said:

Eagles have been hot garbage for a while now.

What happened to them?   It has to be some combination of coaching, front office and/or locker room problems.  Rarely do you see such a supposedly good team nosedive so badly.

• Like 1

It is so hard for teams that lose the Super Bowl to come back the next season it seems. It kind of makes it that more impressive that the Bengals were able to at least make the AFC title game last year after losing the Super Bowl the year before. Still crazy though to see how quickly the Eagles collapsed after starting this season 10 and 1. 

33 minutes ago, tcjkbt said:

What happened to them?   It has to be some combination of coaching, front office and/or locker room problems.  Rarely do you see such a supposedly good team nosedive so badly.

They did lose both their offensive and defensive coordinator from last season. That couldn't help. Their 10-1 start was a lot of smoke and mirrors, with DVOA showing they were much closer to a .500 team than their record reflected (kind of how the NYG were last season). Eventually, that would be exposed, and boy did it ever with the Eagles finishing the year 1-6.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, theguru said:

Like usual when I post these I assume it is correct.

baker.jpg

Well, the Tampa Bay franchise doesn't exactly have an elaborate playoff resume, so it makes sense. No way Shaun King or Trent Dilfer ever threw up 300 yards. Brad Johnson was my only other thought, but that was before the offensive revolution and they ('02-'03 Bucs) had a dominating defense. Not sure what other QBs there would be?

2 minutes ago, bugatti said:

Well, the Tampa Bay franchise doesn't exactly have an elaborate playoff resume, so it makes sense. No way Shaun King or Trent Dilfer ever threw up 300 yards. Brad Johnson was my only other thought, but that was before the offensive revolution and they ('02-'03 Bucs) had a dominating defense. Not sure what other QBs there would be?

Had to look at the other QBs that have led Tampa Bay to the playoffs. Jeff Garcia, Chris Simms, and Doug Williams.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, bugatti said:

I meant all the stats.  You know, it is hard to know what is real sometimes. 

14 hours ago, nkypete said:

This will give Jason plenty of time to relax on the couch watching his brother and future sister-in-law on TV.

Well, maybe, I was too hard on him.  Word is that Jason Kelce is retiring.  That gives him lots of time to watch Travis and Taylor.

17 minutes ago, nkypete said:

Well, maybe, I was too hard on him.  Word is that Jason Kelce is retiring.  That gives him lots of time to watch Travis and Taylor.

Saw that about Jason Kelce. One of the best to play his position it seems. I've like Jason Kelce a lot more than his brother.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

Saw that about Jason Kelce. One of the best to play his position it seems. I've like Jason Kelce a lot more than his brother.

He is definitely in a lot fewer commercials.