Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

the mathemagician

Suspended
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by the mathemagician

  1. I hope the Hounds can pull it off but two things in particular bother me. The Hounds have a propensity(and have for several seasons) to give up big plays. Against a defense like NCC's this could be a decisive factor. Also, the Hounds' inability to consistently convert on their extra points is baffling and could spell doom in a tight game against a tough opponent. I hope it doesn't come down to an extra point or the Hounds could be in trouble.
  2. After watching them in the region tourney last year, I would agree that Cumberland's coaching staff should be right at the top of the list....OUTSTANDING!!!! They teach a very disciplined style of play and execute it very well. I was very impressed with Cumberland's coaches.
  3. Corbin's Calvin Bird would rank in the Top Ten. Calvin's brother Rodger played for the Oakland Raiders, nephew Steve played for the Cardinals and Giants in the NFL, and brother Jerry(Steve's dad) had a terrific career under Rupp @ UK and played in the pros as well. Calvin was the best all-around football player of the Bird boys and was one of the best at the high school level, period.
  4. Corbin should be tops in the 13th, with Cumberland right there with them.
  5. The coaches had more than three guards on their first team so I figured I could do so as well. My teams include an entire roster, both starting and subs. Simpson would be included on mine. I enjoyed watching Simpson and Cumberland in the regional tourney. I was very impressed with the Cumberland kids and how well they played, especially against South Laurel. The Skins are very disciplined, handle the ball well, and are very well coached. I have them ranked right there with Corbin at the top of the 13th next season.
  6. I was extremely impressed with Simpson in the regional tournament. I only saw him play three times this year, but what I saw, I liked. He makes my first team!
  7. The Jackets could be a real darkhorse contender this season.They have played well early.
  8. All former Redhound coaches. You are such a homer, Gomer. Might as well throw your coach P. in there too.
  9. Josh Crawford of Corbin will start to get some attention in '08 and may be a top tier candidate for Mr. B in '09 .
  10. I saw Valley play at the CFIT. They played very hard and I was impressed with their determination and execution. Their fans, however, were some of the rudest and crudest I have encountered. I would love to see those Valley boys in the finals of the CFIT against Corbin next year. I just wish they could leave those fans at home.
  11. Did they also use their "six on five" play that they used to get by Corbin?
  12. If South can use their six on five plays , I give them the edge. If it is five on five the whole game, Fairdale may win in a tight one. :devil:
  13. Ty is my fouth cousin. Although Ty doomed my Hounds in the regional final, I congratulate him on a great career and look forward to watching him at Notre Dame.
  14. Hats off to a very good and very classy Bell Co. team. I feel very bad for both of the Whitaker boys. Josh would make those FT's most of the time and Ryan is a heck of a player.Tough way to end your HS career.
  15. Have you ever predicted a Corbin loss?(in any sport) lol I hope you are right. I would love 2 see the Hounds win. I really believe that Cumberland or Bell had the best shots at South, Bell with their strength and experience and Cumberland with their defense, disciplined style of play, and ball handling ability. I don't think the Hounds handle the ball well enough plus 10-23 in free throw shooting just wont cut it against South. Heart says Hounds in a big upset; brain says South again. I hope the heart triumphs.
  16. Keith, the great intimidator!!!! They,nor anyone, will dominate like Clay used to. As in college baskeball, other schools have stepped it up and there is more parity in the region as a whole.
  17. I think Corbin got a tough draw. They drew a tough Pineville team in the opening round and then having to beat Bell and South on successive nights in order to win the region.
  18. Yeah, Archie smelled liked a smoke stack, too. (Inside story) Back to the brackets. I think Corbin got about the toughest draw they could have. They will have to go thru the #4, #2, and #1 teams. If Corbin had to have Bell in their side of the bracket, I would have rather seen them play Bell the first game and Pineville in the semis. If they get by the Mountain Lions, having to beat Bell and South on back-to-back nights is a huge chore.
  19. I couldn't agree more. No one was touting Clay or Corbin to do much. Both have probably achieved more than most outside observers were predicting. I would say that both Corbin and Clay fans were predicting 20 win seasons, though. If you are from Corbin or Clay, you don't expect anything less. I would love to see a Corbin-Clay final but it might be a little too much to ask this time around.
  20. What did Wright say? Nothing would surprise me from that dude.
  21. I would say you are probably right. Corbin(if Pineville doesn't beat them) has a better chance against Bell than Clay against the Cards, though.
  22. J.D Strange is an outstanding coach and he has his Lions roaring at just the right time. They could very well pounce on the Hounds and come away with a victory. If the Lions hit Corbin hard in the mouth early like South did, I don't know if these young pups will hit back. Against South these scared dogs tucked their tails between their red behinds and scampered off. Are the Hounds gonna played scared again or are they gonna show that they really do have some bite?
  23. Trap game for the Hounds. This is a dangerous Pineville team that has been playing well. Any team that can win by 25 points in the grand larceny capital of the world is dangerous. If Corbin doesn't strap 'em and come out ready to play, the Hounds will be dismissed early.
  24. If the Tigers and Cards meet, I would at least give some consideration to rooting for a Tiger victory. It would probably be the first and last time for that to be the case. But it would be wonderful to see Corbin pound the hapless Tigers again in the title game.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.