Everything posted by the mathemagician
-
Desales 27 Corbin 21 (3OT)
I just believe it's time to put the horse down. A new day, new era...time to go.
-
Desales 27 Corbin 21 (3OT)
Created two teasers ; good luck! As far as the Hounds, they showed nice improvement from early in the season. They struggled against a good pre-district schedule, then breezed through a weak district. This was an average team that should be better next season, having acquired some valuable experience this year. As far as the coaching, Jewell does a nice job for the most part. Makes some questionable calls late in big games at times, but so do most coaches. As for Farris... I was at Corbin when he still had hair and didn't need Metamucil. I stand by the comments.
-
Desales 27 Corbin 21 (3OT)
As far as Farris, I've been around a long time. He may very well know a thing or two about football, but so do a lot of bright, young innovative coaches who could do as well or better, IMO. I put Farris in the same boat as old Corbin basketball Coach , John "Crow" Fletcher. Both were/are popular to some degree with players and students, but neither were/are worldbeaters(an understatement). Both had some habits off the field in common also.
-
Desales 27 Corbin 21 (3OT)
Because Willard Farris is such a GREAT coach.
-
Desales 27 Corbin 21 (3OT)
Farris is definately old school. There's no changing that Wilfred Bremley look-a-like. Give him some Quaker Oats and put him out to pasture. Back in the seventies, Corbin could line up and run over you all game long. Boring...but it got the job done. Coaches Powers, Burchette, Faulkner, and Adams were fine coaches, but they retired to pasture...so should Willie.
-
Desales 27 Corbin 21 (3OT)
I believe Dave Cox and Terry Joe Martin(he's absolutely pathetic on radio), said the pass interference was a good call. Not sure about the loss of down. Officials seemed confused late in the game. Announcers Cox and Martin were confused all night. As far as Corbin coaches, they always seem to have brain cramps in the big games. Bizarre. Farris is a joke.
-
Desales(9-2) @ Corbin(6-5)
And one Corbin grad (me!)who loves both The Hounds and Campers and hopes both win state titles( but the Campers are better this year ).
-
Desales(9-2) @ Corbin(6-5)
Cats beat Cards at least a TD.
-
Desales(9-2) @ Corbin(6-5)
Correction, Lynn Camp is the best team in the TRi-County(Whitley, Knox, Laurel) area. It never ceases to amaze me at how many Corbinites feel it a threat to their manhood to acknowlege that maybe Lynn Camp just might be better than the Hounds. This silly "Corbin is Corbin and Lynn Camp is still Lynn Camp" is old school....very old, very dumb school! I am a BIG supporter of both the Cats and Dogs. I would love to see two state trophies brought back to the Corbin (AREA).
-
Desales(9-2) @ Corbin(6-5)
As a Corbin grad, I am a big fan of the Hounds. But you don't have to be a rocket scientist(or a mathemagician) to surmise that Lynn Camp is the best team in the Tri-Counties this year.(I know that's hard for some Corbinites to swallow). Here's hoping that both teams make it all the way to the magic carpet, but I suspect that Corbin's ride may very well end first. Good luck to both teams this week.
-
Desales(9-2) @ Corbin(6-5)
The Boys from the River City will cross Lynn Camp Creek and invade Campbell Field Friday night in what could be a "good ole good one." Is this the end of the line for the Redhounds, who discovered their bark about midway through the season? Or does Corbin's second best team follow the Campers into round three on its quest to make this a dual magic carpet ride for the City of Corbin?
-
Last warning...
Toots, I understand what you are saying completely and I agree whole-heartedly. Personal attacks against me I really don't mind, but I agree that we probably shouldn't be too critical of each other. Most of the personal stuff wasn't meant to be taken seriously at all. There are a couple of my adversaries on here that I love going back and forth with and I know they like it as well. Another one or two couldn't see a joke if it hit them square in the patoot. For those, I hope they will lighten up and not take themselves so seriously. Let's just have fun trading jabs at our political leaders and not take anything personally or too seriously.
-
Last warning...
Typical Republican . Full of contradictions. A Bush supporter and yet advocating affirmative action in college sports. Shameful.
-
Last warning...
Let's discuss the POLITICS of the UK/IU rivalry. :lol:
-
Last warning...
Thanks so much for your kind words. I think we are absolutely eye to eye on this. I enjoy the posts of those who disagree with me as much as those who agree. As you said, we disagree significantly on a lot of issues. But so what? Does that mean I don't like you? Does that mean I don't respect your comments? Just the opposite. I love folks who express strong passionate views. In my opinion, it is folks who are passionate in their views, and maybe even a little outrageous at times, that makes these threads so fun to read. It's just all about fun and entertainment , folks. Hick, you obviously get it. Hick, I concur totally with your sentiments. I love folks who aren't afraid to say what they feel and feel what they say. Don't ever worry about offending me, because I do not take comments on here personally. I hope no one gets offended by my comments. I would like to think that I make the discussions a little more interesting, if nothing else. Am I a bit outrageous at times? Sure. But I am outrageous for a purpose. I like to stir passion in folks, encourage them to think, prompt them to question their leaders(on both sides), and maybe even question my sanity(LOL). I hope the spirited, and sometimes fiery discussions will continue. I hope a little bit of outrageousness is mixed in at times. It makes things more fun and entertaining, IMO. Hick, though we disagree quite a bit, I would miss you a lot as well. Don't hold anything back on my account. It is folks like you that may the G.D. forum great. I love folks who are courageous enough to state their convictions, even when they know others may slam their views. I respect those who are courageous enough to be a little outrageous and irreverant at times even more than those who always opt for the sound of silence.
-
Last warning...
Agreed.
-
Last warning...
Reporter, I'm not going to argue with you in this thread. I'm just saying that I hope the spirited political and religious debates continue. I hope we will continue to be able to express our criticism and to question our government leaders on this board. Most of the folks I have talked to enjoy most of the back and forth political stuff on here. I hope it continues, but if guru decides it best to ban all political talk, then I'll respect and fully support his decision.
-
Last warning...
EKR, your inability to comprehend things that folks say continue to amaze. Note that I said I enjoy the political and religious discussions and that I hope those threads continue. If , however, we can't be critical, and sometimes even irreverant about our leaders, then I say what's the point in talking about political matters.
-
Last warning...
I enjoy the political and religious discussions. It is the most enjoyable part of this forum. I haven't been offended by anything anyone has said in regards to politics. Whether it be pot shots at Bill or Billary or shots aimed at me personally, I enjoy it all. It's all good fun and NO ONE should take offense at what anyone says in a discussion about politics. Serious, civil discussion is fine but so is fun, somewhat irreverant talk about our political leaders. Why should I get upset about someone calling Bill a womanizer or a pothead? I enjoy everyone's comments, even those that run counter to mine. I don't take attacks on my favorite politicians personally. I wish some would not take a verbal dig at your favorites so personally. I hope that the political and religious threads continue to flow freely. I know that many would hate to see them go. Having said that, if it means having to repress honest feelings or even some tongue-in-cheek irreverance about our leaders , then I say ban all discussion on these topics. If every comment about political leaders had to be nice and respectful, then I would say good riddance to political threads.