Desales 27 Corbin 21 (3OT)

Thunderstruck

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was 7-7 at the end of regulation. Desales scored with less than 2 minutes in the game to tie.

Both teams scored on 4th down on their first possessions. Both scored easily on their second possessions. With Corbin going second in the third overtime, they fail on 4th and 2 and Desales goes on to win the game.

Just got in fropm the game. Still trying to figure out how a phantom offensive pass interference is a loss of down?

We need to have our thoughts with Eric Blackwood, he apparantley broke a rib and punctured a lung late in the 4th qtr. just before the 1st desales TD. I believe the injury to our best player had our team in doubt.

There was a few plays that could have sealed the deal, and a few questionable coaching calls as well.

I do wan't to congratulate the Hounds. You boys turned a hopeless season into something to be proud of.

Josh McHargue, Andy Mallard, Rob Maiden, Blake Freeman, Ryan Tate you boys turned into REAL football players over the course of the season, Clint,, if Willard would just turn you loose a little more.

All you boys that didn't play this year for whatever reason need to get your rearends in the weight room and on the field next year..........

Just got in fropm the game. Still trying to figure out how a phantom offensive pass interference is a loss of down?

We need to have our thoughts with Eric Blackwood, he apparantley broke a rib and punctured a lung late in the 4th qtr. just before the 1st desales TD. I believe the injury to our best player had our team in doubt.

There was a few plays that could have sealed the deal, and a few questionable coaching calls as well.

I believe Dave Cox and Terry Joe Martin(he's absolutely pathetic on radio), said the pass interference was a good call. Not sure about the loss of down. Officials seemed confused late in the game. Announcers Cox and Martin were confused all night.

As far as Corbin coaches, they always seem to have brain cramps in the big games. Bizarre. Farris is a joke.

As far as Corbin coaches, they always seem to have brain cramps in the big games. Bizarre. Farris is a joke.

I'll have to argue with you about Farris, probably the best coach on the staff. He is just a little old school, I would guess that it hurt him inside pretty bad to run the offense that he did this year. farris has probably forgot more football than any other coach in the tri-county area knows.

I'm not questioning any of the OT calls, just a few starting the 2nd half and toward the end of regulation, should have tried to do something with almost 2 minutes left. Probably could have gave #9 a little help on D after Blackwood went out as well.

I'll have to argue with you about Farris, probably the best coach on the staff. He is just a little old school, I would guess that it hurt him inside pretty bad to run the offense that he did this year. farris has probably forgot more football than any other coach in the tri-county area knows.

I'm not questioning any of the OT calls, just a few starting the 2nd half and toward the end of regulation, should have tried to do something with almost 2 minutes left.

Farris is definately old school. There's no changing that Wilfred Bremley look-a-like. Give him some Quaker Oats and put him out to pasture. Back in the seventies, Corbin could line up and run over you all game long. Boring...but it got the job done. Coaches Powers, Burchette, Faulkner, and Adams were fine coaches, but they retired to pasture...so should Willie.

Corbin was leading 7-0 with 4:00 left in the game when Blackwood got stood up on a first down run and the LB came flying in and hit Eric with what appeared to be his helmet in the ribs or kidney area. It looked as though Blackwood was throwing up blood and there was an approx. 20 minute delay while the doctor worked on him before they were able to load him into the ambulance. When play was resumed, Corbin had it 2nd and 7 on their own 25 yard line and threw a fade to Tate down the sideline that he pulled in around midfield. The side judge on the DeSales sideline threw a flag and called interference on Tate, which I did not see myself and they penalized Corbin 15 yards and loss of down(I did not know this rule). Corbin then completed a 20 yard pass on what what now 3rd down and came up 2 yards short and had to punt with less than 3:00 minutes to go. DeSales immediately goes after Blackwood's replacement who is having to play man to man(?) on the WR and they hit a big pass down inside the 5. They score on 3rd and goal when they recover there own fumble in the endzone. Corbin gets the ball with 1:40 left and decide to run out the clock instead of going for the win in regulation.

DeSales was able to stuff Corbin's running game all night long with their huge DL and very good LB's, but Corbin chose not to air it out very much and in hindsight should have thrown much more as they had a lot of success when they did.

A really good effort from both teams, but the Redhounds committed more penalties(several were extremely untimely)than I have seen in all their games combined and they lost several scoring opportunities that they just could not afford to lose.

Great Season HOunds, food luck to the Colts and prayers to Eric Blackwood tonight.

I do wan't to congratulate the Hounds. You boys turned a hopeless season into something to be proud of.

Josh McHargue, Andy Mallard, Rob Maiden, Blake Freeman, Ryan Tate you boys turned into REAL football players over the course of the season, Clint,, if Willard would just turn you loose a little more.

All you boys that didn't play this year for whatever reason need to get your rearends in the weight room and on the field next year..........

Can't forget Nolan, Henson, Mockaby, and certainly not Blackwood. Would have been a different ending season without these guys!!!!

Can't forget Nolan, Henson, Mockaby, and certainly not Blackwood. Would have been a different ending season without these guys!!!!

I was just mentioning the ones coming in that were so-so and ended up very good players. Everyone you mention had great seasons. I didn't mean to slight anyone, I have been very impressed with the improvement of the players I mentioned.

Wow, sounds like a thriller. Obviously Corbin has a great team, DeSales is one of the best in AA. Tough break, the Redhounds have nothing to be ashamed of, what a great high school football game, its a shame that one of these teams had to walk away with a loss.