Desales 27 Corbin 21 (3OT)

Thunderstruck

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The WR was called for pushing off.

Only way I can think of that offensive PI would result in a loss of down would be if Tate had went out of bounds, came back in, pushed off then caught the ball. I believe if you gout and come back in to make the catch that does result in a loss of down.

It wasn't your comment that bothered me at all.

It wasn't you that said coach Farris was a joke. How in the world do you get that. Does he even know him, has he even played for him?

As far as Farris, I've been around a long time. He may very well know a thing or two about football, but so do a lot of bright, young innovative coaches who could do as well or better, IMO.

I put Farris in the same boat as old Corbin basketball Coach , John "Crow" Fletcher. Both were/are popular to some degree with players and students, but neither were/are worldbeaters(an understatement). Both had some habits off the field in common also.

Both had some habits off the field in common also.

Don't think bringing a coaches personal life into this is needed. AT ALL :irked:

I put Farris in the same boat as old Corbin basketball Coach , John "Crow" Fletcher. Both were/are popular to some degree with players and students, but neither were/are worldbeaters(an understatement).

I guess the offensive genius of David Mitchell is far superior? He's been at LC for 100 years and has how many wins now? I believe an average of 5 or 6 a season. :rolleyes:

I need to apologize to Willard for calling him old school, not that it's a bad thing, but he saw the need to change the offense for what we had and did.

Blackwood had 6 catches for 135 yards and 1 TD.

Tate caught 9 passes for 98 yards and 2 TD's.

Henson had 2 catches for 38 yards.

Cashen 17-22 for 271 yards with 2 TD's and 0 Int's.

Zinser had 104 yards on 17 carries to lead DeSales.

To make underhanded statements on this board should not be tolerated. I can agree to disagree, but when you take cheapshots you should be ashamed.

Go and create some brainteasers!

Try this one on for size; When the Redhounds are doing things right and showing signs of sucess who never shows up in a thread? When the Redhounds lose a tough game, who shows up to bad mouth the coaching staff and take cheap shots?

I believe we all know the answer to this question. :thumb:

To make underhanded statements on this board should not be tolerated. I can agree to disagree, but when you take cheapshots you should be ashamed.

Go and create some brainteasers!

Try this one on for size; When the Redhounds are doing things right and showing signs of sucess who never shows up in a thread? When the Redhounds lose a tough game, who shows up to bad mouth the coaching staff and take cheap shots?

I believe we all know the answer to this question. :thumb:

Created two teasers ; good luck!

As far as the Hounds, they showed nice improvement from early in the season. They struggled against a good pre-district schedule, then breezed through a weak district. This was an average team that should be better next season, having acquired some valuable experience this year.

As far as the coaching, Jewell does a nice job for the most part. Makes some questionable calls late in big games at times, but so do most coaches. As for Farris... I was at Corbin when he still had hair and didn't need Metamucil. I stand by the comments.

Created two teasers ; good luck!

As far as the Hounds, they showed nice improvement from early in the season. They struggled against a good pre-district schedule, then breezed through a weak district. This was an average team that should be better next season, having acquired some valuable experience this year.

As far as the coaching, Jewell does a nice job for the most part. Makes some questionable calls late in big games at times, but so do most coaches. As for Farris... I was at Corbin when he still had hair and didn't need Metamucil. I stand by the comments.

I don't agree with campbellfield very often but I agree this time.....Take it easy on Coach Farris. I have known him since before he was at Corbin and that has nothing to do with the high expectations that he puts on kids (like all good coaches do)

I don't agree with campbellfield very often but I agree this time.....Take it easy on Coach Farris. I have known him since before he was at Corbin and that has nothing to do with the high expectations that he puts on kids (like all good coaches do)

I just believe it's time to put the horse down. A new day, new era...time to go.

Is their not a button that can mute this guy? I believe a lot of us were at Corbin when Willard had hair........what does that mean anyway.........has nothing to do with anything.

I guess he must have chewed your butt pretty hard at one time or another......

No, I have never had harsh words with the guy. My sister used to be around the girls' basketball program when he was coach and I didn't like some of the things I heard.

I'd like to see him drawing his retirement check.

No, I have never had harsh words with the guy. My sister used to be around the girls' basketball program when he was coach and I didn't like some of the things I heard.

I'd like to see him drawing his retirement check.

My sister played for coach farris in early 80's and she respects him I played for coach farris I respect him to he is a great guy and a great coach and has done alot for corbin sports and still does he loves the program and is welcome as long as he wants in my book I think at times corbin has not been fair to him HE should be the girls coach now. As far as you know a hole lot about nothing and dont need to associate your self with corbin because you are not an example of corbin or what corbin is about present or past so go away some were and watch somebody else play and enjoy them stay off of coach farris he is a great guy and a great coach. mathemagician what a joke. :irked: :fire:

Exactly mathmagician doesn't know anything about Corbin Sports. He needs to stick with Lynn Camp and EKU :thumb:. Stay away from Campbell Field.

Coach Farris is one of the best things to ever happen to Corbin Basketball. The things you heard that he said to the girls is probably a vengence from your sister becasue he didn't play her. I have heard that alot. The man has been successfully coaching for 35+- years. Yes he likes basic offense, but he has integratred the spread and alot of passing, if you payed attention to the ball game instead of yelling at Coach Farris. Your ignorance has nothing to do with Corbin Football or Coach Farris' coaching style. I played for coach Farris, sure he is a rough coach, but that is what makes you a better person, somthing you never came in contact with or show no evidence of. Look, Coach Farris Is CORBIN FOOTBALL if you don't like him stay away, stick with you Campers you speak so highly of and Mitchell, (he's been around allmost as long as Farris and is no where near being successful, why don't you call for his ritirment?????????

Or your place of work, EKU :D

As for him drawing his retirment check, you qualify for you CRAZY check.