Everything posted by Astro Domino
-
Saint Xavier 38 Owensboro 7
Everybody meets their match at some point. Owensboro scheduled two of the very best teams in the state week 1 and 2. No shame in being humbled and learning in games like that. Best of luck to them next weekend.
-
Murray at Apollo Predictions/Updates
I mean no hate at all but Murray always looks sloppy. At least my whole spectating career. They have looked the part so many times but can never get it fully together. Honestly glad they got the win in this game! I have Murray family so zero hate but it’s always been their problem. Prove me wrong this season Murray!
-
Saint Xavier 38 Owensboro 7
Either way these teams are in 2 different classes and best of luck to both. I think each have a great shot to make a deep run.
-
Saint Xavier 38 Owensboro 7
I wanted to put out the prediction that X would beat O handily but I didn’t want to look like a salty Mayfield fan since O handled us in the scrimmage but Mayfield was an absolute mess at that point. St. X is VERY good. Owensboro is a very good 5A team. I can’t say exactly what I want without looking crazy but I fully expected this result.
-
Paducah Tilghman 63 McCracken County 28
Thanks for the shoutout! But I do stay up to date on my HS football, especially in this area. As a Mayfield fan I just hope we can get it together enough with our injuries and cohesiveness to make it a ballgame in 2 weeks. Congrats on the BIG win PT!
-
Graves County at Mayfield Predictions/Updates
I think the QB and WR positions are pretty even in this game. I think Mayfield is better everywhere else. Ready for some football!
-
MaxPreps Top 5 Winningest Programs
Of course as a Mayfield fan I always love this list. There are many KY programs high on the list. Paducah, Owensboro, St. X, Danville, Ashland, Bowling Green, Somerset etc. Many great storied programs in Kentucky. And then of course you have Trinity! But also Manual! And Central! And then the “newer” powers…Beechwood, Covington Catholic, Boyle County, Belfry, CAL. I know I left some out but gotta love some Kentucky High School Football. Maybe one day sooner than later I will get to see Mayfield at the top of that all time national list.
-
Adding or Changing Profile Pictures on BGP
Thanks man! I felt like it was finally time to join the club!
-
Paducah Tilghman at McCracken County Predictions/Updates
Just curious. I don’t see PT losing under any circumstance but who knows. That’s why they play the game and that’s why we love to watch.
-
Paducah Tilghman at McCracken County Predictions/Updates
Who wrote that article?
- 2025 BGP Pick 5 Contest (Week 1)
-
Graves County at Mayfield Predictions/Updates
With what Graves lost from last year and with the injuries heading into the season for Mayfield this one is hard to get a feel for. That being said I think Mayfield has enough to get the job done. Mayfield 38 GC 21
-
Mayfield/Murray/Hopkinsville Scrimmage
Cunningham seems to be the best Coach Murray has had in quite some time. In my opinion if they put in the work to build a strong foundation of their program beginning in elementary school they should be able to become a more solid team year in, year out. From what I know it seems they don’t put a ton of effort into the youth program.
-
Paducah Tilghman at McCracken County Predictions/Updates
I’ll go PT 56-21. This is a conversation for a different place and different time but McCracken has halted the progression of their football program in recent years by being a 6A school that condenses their entire program into one football team starting in 3rd grade. It’s mind blowing.
-
Mayfield/Murray/Hopkinsville Scrimmage
The 3 of these teams met at War Memorial Stadium in Mayfield this past Thursday. They played a round robin scrimmage with each team playing 30 minutes running clock of Varsity against one another and 15 minutes of JV. Mayfield vs. Hopkinsville Hopkinsville received the ball first and ran about 5 minutes off the clock before being forced to punt. Mayfield ran 2 or 3 plays on their first drive before Josiah England broke for a long TD on a swing pass out of the backfield. Hopkinsville drove the ball well on their next drive thanks to a long QB run with very poor tackling on Mayfield’s end. The drive lasted almost 15 minutes but ended up stalling out on the 3 yard line on a turnover on downs. Mayfield completed a long catch and run on their 2nd play after taking over all the way down to the Hoptown 2 yard line. They then punched it in on 3rd down for a TD. Mayfield held strong on Hoptowns next possession that ended the game at 14-0 Mayfield. Time of possession was about 25-5 in favor of Hopkinsville. Murray vs. Hopkinsville Murray dominated this one in every facet from the get go. Hopkinsville wasn’t able to get anything going on offense while committing the only 2 turnovers by any team on the night. Murray looked very good in this matchup and cruised to a 28-0 win. Mayfield vs. Murray Murray got the ball first and struck quick with a long pass play to get them inside the 5 yard line. Mayfield’s defense then stepped up strong for 4 downs straight and held Murray out of the end zone. On the ensuing drive Mayfield drove methodically 95+ yards down the field for the first TD of the game. Murray’s 2nd drive stalled out fairly quickly and they were forced to punt. Mayfield put together another several play drive and got into the end zone on a short pass from Malik Kirby to Will Morris from inside the 5 yard line. Murray got one more possession but were unable to do anything with it ending in a 14-0 win for the Cardinals. Mayfield only had 4 offensive possessions on the day and scored TDs on all 4. 3 of the TDs were scored by standout RB Josiah England. Mayfield did not allow a point in either game even though they allowed both teams to get the ball very deep into their territory. Murray looked dominant against Hoptown and showed flashes against Mayfield but were just unable to capitalize. Hopkinsville looked like they have some potential although it will be a long year for them especially being bumped up to 6A this year. In the 30 minute running clock format it’s hard to put a lot of stock in these games because they are only a small sample size. Overall each team showed promising moments to build on and also rough moments that can be learned from. Great sportsmanship overall from all 3 teams. Can’t wait until the real football starts this coming Friday!
-
Owensboro vs Mayfield Predictions/Updates Scrimmage
Well disregard my other comment because obviously I didn’t know much about Owensboro before reading you all’s comments. Didn’t know that this was the QBs first snaps; didn’t know they were missing some key contributors. That said, they have a rough first couple games but once the QB gets a couple games under his belt and some injuries go away O should be extremely tough.
-
Owensboro vs Mayfield Predictions/Updates Scrimmage
Owensboro looked good but it was also against a team that had their most experienced WR and DB playing exclusively QB. Mayfield looked like they have a lot to figure out. If they’re going to play Kirby at QB then they are taking away one of their top 2 WRs on offense by having him at QB. And they didn’t play him at DB where he is definitely the most experienced option they have there. He took way too long to get the ball out and took SEVERAL sacks, especially after throwing the interception on 1st down in the 1st qtr. Mayfield has ALOT of figuring out to do but once injuries settle I think they will be pretty good. Owensboro looked the part but I have seen at least one fan on here say that if they don’t get it done this year then it will be a long time before they have another chance. I honestly can’t see that team winning 5A, no low blow thrown there, just my honest opinion.
-
2025 Mayfield Cardinals
We have an incoming freshman QB with potential if that’s what you’re talking about but no way they’ve ever even thought about starting the season with a freshman at QB.
-
2025 Belfry Pirates
If Belfry and Mayfield somehow get matched up in the semifinals that would be a LONG trip for one team. If Belfry has to travel even further west than last year that would be pretty wild.
-
2025 Boyle County Rebels
That would be a lot of money to spend on one game a year. I don’t know their roster size but 60ish new jerseys, pants and most of all helmets. Would be very cool yes, but very costly. I wish every team could do it but that’s probably about 30 grand on helmets alone.
-
Graves County’s Incoming Freshman Drew Martin Transferring to IMG in Florida
Not something you see everyday in West KY. Incoming freshman (Class of 2029) Drew Martin is transferring to IMG Academy in Florida. The news came out a week or so ago. Hate to see local kids with a ton of potential leave the area but best of luck to Drew on this new football journey.
-
It hot!! Coldest game you ever played in/watched?
That same night Danville played at Mayfield with the duo of Charles Penix and Kelvin Turner in the backfield. One things for sure, you didn’t want to be trying to tackle Penix on a night like that and the scoreboard showed it.
-
It hot!! Coldest game you ever played in/watched?
I know I’ve been to colder games but one that sticks out in my mind was the 2005 1A State Championship game between Mayfield and NCC. Night game. Low 30s and raining. Not fun.
-
Your team’s biggest comeback and biggest collapse
I remember Mayfield in 2006 being down to Hoptown by 8 with 30 seconds left. 4th and 28 from the 30. Score a touchdown on the play. 2pt conversion fails. Mayfield kicks an onside and recovers. Runs 2 quick plays and then kicks a 45 yard FG as time expires to win by 1 point. Biggest collapse I remember was as stated above in the 2019 championship game to Somerset.
-
Should your QB play defense?
I agree 100% with this answer.