Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Paducah Tilghman at McCracken County Predictions/Updates

Tilghman at McCracken 46 members have voted

  1. 1. Who Wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

Poll closed on 08/23/2025 at 12:00 AM

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

"Rumble on the River" 12th Edition

2024 Records: PT 15-0 , McCracken  6-6

 

Tilghman leads the series 8-3 and has won the last 6 in a row. McCracken last won in 2017. The game between the two was cancelled in the shortened 2020 season. PT coach Sean Thompson enters his 5th season with the Tornado, McCracken coach Tyler Brooks will begin season 2.

In terms of returning players and production, we have a stark contrast here. McCracken only graduated 11 seniors a year ago and will bring back a majority of their key players. On defense, the Mustangs return 10 of their top 12 tacklers. On offense, Maddox ONeal at QB will lead the way. He is poised to have a monster season and can beat you through the air and on the ground. He's much faster than most realize. All 4 of the top rushers return as well, led by Landon Newman who averaged 74.3 ypg last season and scored 10 tds. Out of their top 5 receivers, who each had over 400 yards, 3 of those return. They did lose Cooper Falconite and he caused a lot of problems for a lot of people, but Jude Lanier and Reed Brookshire were both home run threats and will be again. Lanier as a freshman averaged over 22 yards per catch and Brookshire as a Junior averaged over 16 yards per catch. These two will be key and can take the top right off a defense. They combined for 15 receiving td's.

Tilghman, well, they lost just about everyone. From Jack James and his over 4,000 yds and 57 td's to losing all 5 of the top receivers. On defense, PT lost 11 of their top 13 tacklers. Both sides of the ball will look completely different. Out of PT's departing 22 seniors, 17 of those played double digits in terms of games played. "Stone Cold" Stone Crowe takes over duties as the signal caller. He got a lot of playing time last year due to a lot of big leads and should help him better make the transition. As mentioned by @PTown Dad on the season preview, PT will have multiple new guys catching the ball, and he listed the top 7. Jaron Anderson transferred from Ballard Memorial and had over 700 yds, Brendan Brown, Chance McPike (St Louis area transfer and several offers), Jemarion Purdiman, Blair Sains (Ballard Memorial Qb last season), Avery Thompson (Phenomenal Freshman season and multiple offers already) and Cam Wade (Nashville area transfer) who is similar to that Martels Carter mold. He holds quite a few offers and is a Junior Olympic All-American in track and field. Giving all these new guys time to get open will see Jarvis Strickland (Highest rated O-Lineman in Ky) clear the way. 

After watching PT scrimmage, you can see the ability and speed all over the place, but it is certainly not nearly as polished as what you saw the last couple seasons. I wouldn't expect them to be. This is going to be a months long process of incorporating this many new people and trying to get them on the same page. Don't expect to see them come out of the gate and look like a well oiled machine this time around. There will be some growing pains along the way, but I believe they will get there when all is said and done. 

McCracken is my sleeper pick for this season. They always play a pretty good schedule and I think with the mass production they return, they can be better than expected. They've got the qb, they've got the guys who can make big plays in the air, and a solid running game to go along with a lot of returning starters on defense. McCracken's roster size does appear to be smaller than usual. Maybe they don't have it fully updated, anyone have any insight on this?

Can the Mustangs take advantage of PT's newness and utilize their experience and make this a game? Tell us what's on your mind. 

On a note of interest, this will be the first Friday game played between these two. Every game has been played on a Saturday up until now with the exception of one Sunday game in 2016 that got moved because of pending weather that never happened. 

  • Replies 121
  • Views 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Astro Domino
    Astro Domino

    I’ll go PT 56-21. This is a conversation for a different place and different time but McCracken has halted the progression of their football program in recent years by being a 6A school that condenses

  • TheBallCoach
    TheBallCoach

    Only 41-16 last year which if I remember correctly it was a running clock at half 41-0 and McCracken scored a couple in the 2H. A lot of new guys on the field for this Tilghman bunch, I’m sure Coach T

  • We are lucky in NKY tonight.  We are roughly running middle 70s during the games with a projected high of only 80.

I see a shootout unfolding here. O'Neal should have success moving McCracken's offense against a rebuilt PT defense in Week 1. Tilghman simply has more artillery and should be able to outpace the Mustangs by a few scores.

PT probably wins this game but maybe McCracken can do some damage. 

  • Author
54 minutes ago, snakesnot_2000 said:

PT probably wins this game but maybe McCracken can do some damage. 

I agree. PT better be ready, it's not gonna be as easy as what a lot of people think. Classic recipe for them to put up a good fight. 

PT names the score

I’ll go PT 56-21. This is a conversation for a different place and different time but McCracken has halted the progression of their football program in recent years by being a 6A school that condenses their entire program into one football team starting in 3rd grade. It’s mind blowing.

On 8/16/2025 at 9:52 PM, Astro Domino said:

I’ll go PT 56-21. This is a conversation for a different place and different time but McCracken has halted the progression of their football program in recent years by being a 6A school that condenses their entire program into one football team starting in 3rd grade. It’s mind blowing.

Very accurate observation.

My buddy sent me a prediction from a website that picked McCracken by 6.  I’m not gonna lie - I had to do a double take.  The article touted McCracken’s QB, Maddox O’Neal and I agree that he’s very good.  But I think PT has the upper hand in the majority of the other position groups.  
 

Maybe this one will be closer than I originally thought???

Running clock before halftime. PT defense will control this game 

3 hours ago, PTown Dad said:

My buddy sent me a prediction from a website that picked McCracken by 6.  I’m not gonna lie - I had to do a double take.  The article touted McCracken’s QB, Maddox O’Neal and I agree that he’s very good.  But I think PT has the upper hand in the majority of the other position groups.  
 

Maybe this one will be closer than I originally thought???

Who wrote that article?

23 minutes ago, Astro Domino said:

Who wrote that article?

I believe it was from Kentucky Prep Gridiron.  I’m not familiar with them but he included some decent commentary. 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.