Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

It hot!! Coldest game you ever played in/watched?

Featured Replies

It's been said on this sight a couple of times but the '03 semi finals game between Boyle and PT was as cold as I remember being at a game.  

  • Replies 36
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • 2002 6A Championship game. The old Cardinal Stadium. Trinity 59 - Male 56. The cold was BRUTAL. Those of us who sat on the metal bleachers on the visitors side essentially became stuck to the metal. I

  • Oldercoach
    Oldercoach

    Watched:  Freezer Bowl, Bengals vs Chargers.  Colder than you can imagine.

  • ChiefSmoke
    ChiefSmoke

    Coached in…. Mason Co.  @ Highlands in the snow, Friday after Thanksgiving, 2003. Birds won 21-14.   

Posted Images

56 minutes ago, BEChargers said:

It's been said on this sight a couple of times but the '03 semi finals game between Boyle and PT was as cold as I remember being at a game.  

2002 6A Championship game. The old Cardinal Stadium. Trinity 59 - Male 56. The cold was BRUTAL. Those of us who sat on the metal bleachers on the visitors side essentially became stuck to the metal. I have never been as cold for as long. 

2 hours ago, BEChargers said:

It's been said on this sight a couple of times but the '03 semi finals game between Boyle and PT was as cold as I remember being at a game.  

I’ll second that!

  • Author
2 hours ago, MBKT said:

2002 6A Championship game. The old Cardinal Stadium. Trinity 59 - Male 56. The cold was BRUTAL. Those of us who sat on the metal bleachers on the visitors side essentially became stuck to the metal. I have never been as cold for as long. 

Boyle played the game immediately before that game against Rockcastle County.  It was single digits I remember and it's definitely in my top 5. 

Thanksgiving Day 1980. Manual vs Male. The last game played on Turkey Day. And the last game I ever played. We won a thriller in OT 6-0 

 

Watched:  Freezer Bowl, Bengals vs Chargers.  Colder than you can imagine.

I don’t recall any games I thought were to cold to play in, but the Highlands vs Cooper semi two seasons ago was the coldest game I ever stood through. I know I was dressed to warm when I left the house. After the game it took me 24hrs to get my body temp up.

2008 State SeminFinals.  I was covering the Simon Kenton at Male game.  My feet were so cold that I went to warm them at the portable heater at halftime.  Started talking to people and wasn't paying attention to the fact that my shoe was melting.  Made the second half even colder.

Coached in….

Mason Co.  @ Highlands in the snow, Friday after Thanksgiving, 2003. Birds won 21-14. 
 

IMG_4457.thumb.jpeg.b53e0c321cb6a28716665b4516e1bffa.jpeg

2 hours ago, Oldercoach said:

Watched:  Freezer Bowl, Bengals vs Chargers.  Colder than you can imagine.

Wasn’t that supposed to be the coldest game ever even colder than the ice bowl. 

2 hours ago, Oldercoach said:

Watched:  Freezer Bowl, Bengals vs Chargers.  Colder than you can imagine.

I was at that game as well.  I thought we were just talking HS games.  The Freezer Bowl was insane.  No working bathrooms because all the pipes had froze.  We were breaking down the beer vendor boxes and piling them on the ground so our feet were touching something other than freezing concrete.   Still only made it until halftime and my late dad and I called it quits and watched the remainder of the game from the comfort of home.

1 hour ago, ChiefSmoke said:

Coached in….

Mason Co.  @ Highlands in the snow, Friday after Thanksgiving, 2003. Birds won 21-14. 
 

IMG_4457.thumb.jpeg.b53e0c321cb6a28716665b4516e1bffa.jpeg

Honest opinion. Was the weather a true  factor in this one? 

1 minute ago, Breds82 said:

Honest opinion. Was the weather a true  factor in this one? 

I don't think so.

Funny you bring that up.... I told my guys right before we got off the bus..."Your body language says it is 80 degrees and sunny. There is no one more excited or happier to be here than we are. let's act like it." 

The kids were super and had great energy off the bus and the entire night. 

In 32 years, best ballgame we ever played. Tough that we lost it. 

Last year's Franklin County vs. Covington Catholic game.  I was taking pictures and couldn't wear my gloves because I was taking photos and could not hit the buttons. 

Newport Central Catholic at Corbin. 2008

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.