Everything posted by Nuke LaLoosh
-
Green County at Monroe County Predictions/Updates
Green should win this by at least 30+. I don't see any real challenge until Metcalfe Co, which I still think Green Co would be favored in. Green Co. looks like they are back. Last weeks win was very impressive and GC-Dragons tried to tell me they were much better this year ?
-
2021 Pick 5 Contest (Week 5)
Elder (OH)BeechwoodHighlandsBoyle CountyLexington Christian Academy
-
Bardstown 42 Elizabethtown 14
I would think that Bardstown would have to be ranked #1 in 3a after tonight. Good win for the Tigers!
-
Green County 36 Taylor County 19
Impressive win by the Dragons! Congratulations!
- 2021 Pick 5 Contest (Week 4) - New Contest Format
-
Green County 38 Hart County 13
Congrats to Green Co. I didn't expect the score to be this lopsided. I thought it would be close if anything. Taylor is a different animal. A lot of good speed and their line is tough and very physical. Good luck next week!
- 2021 Pick 10 Contest (Week 3)
-
Berea vs. Adair County Predictions/Updates - Cancelled
Adair should roll into district play 4-0. I expect them to keep rolling at least until then.
-
Wayne County at Rockcastle County Predictions/Updates - Cancelled
I'm gonna go with Rock in this one, but that's just because I don't know who Wayne is this year. They beat up a very down Clinton Co. team, so that doesn't tell us much. The game that was cancelled last week would have told us more about what to expect from the Cardinals in this one. Praying it's a good game and injury free for both teams.
-
Casey County 28 Garrard County 22
Garrard does have good speed though and they are a young team. Future looks promising for them IMO. Casey's RB is a young senior. He will graduate at 17. I was hoping he would take the extra year they offered but he opted not to.
-
Casey County 28 Garrard County 22
Casey's Coach Stonebreaker done something he rarely does, he ran the ball a lot! 45 rushing attempts and only 5 passing attempts. Enoyable game to watch. Garrard's QB is tough and needs to be running the ball more often IMO.
-
Casey County 28 Garrard County 22
Final from Danville. Casey gets their first win of the season and will travel to LaRue Co. next friday night. Garrard falls to 0-2 and will host Middlesboro next Friday.
-
Danville 13 Lincoln County 7
I got to watch about the first quarter and a half, and I thought Danville looked much better than expected. Offensive line was getting a good push and Danville still has Danville speed. Good win for the ADS. I wished I could have stayed and watched all of this. Sounded like a great game!
-
Lexington Catholic 38 Pulaski County 36
Fun game to watch!
- 2021 Pick 10 Contest (Week 1)
-
Rockcastle County vs. Taylor County at Campbellsville University Predictions/Updates
I'll take Taylor Co. in a good battle. I believe the Cardinals O-Line will be the difference in this game. Sophomore OT Hayes Johnson received an offer from UK this summer. They will be very strong up front IMO.
-
Somerset vs. Lincoln County Predictions/Updates
I also like Lincoln Co. in this game. Somerset has some nice looking pieces, but they did not look like what we are use to seeing out of them against Casey Co. this past Friday. Varsity vs. Varsity was 21-12 and then Casey's JV added 7 more. Hawkins should see the ball coming his way a lot this season. The young man is very good!
-
Danville - 2021 Schedule
I read today that Danville School Board has formed a search committee. I don't think the players, alumni, or public know who is on the committee and what their search criteria is. I have also read that none of the assistants have been contacted or told anything about their jobs. I truly hate it for the kids. I have followed this very closely and it seems like an absolute train wreck. Very sad for one the most revered football programs in the state.
-
Quote the Coach
Coach Boyd Randolph was being interviewed by either Larry Vaught or Mike Marsee (I don't remember which) before the season and when he was asked about the team Boyd replied, "Well, we aren't very big, but we are going to make up for it by being slow."
-
Quote the Coach
"Get in my favorite position!" which meant pushups. "Tell your fat butt momma's to stay in the stands!" "Don't wuss up on me!" "Don't come back to my huddle if you don't score on this play!" El Pennington middle school coach and retired Marine Drill SGT.
-
Danville fires Clay Clevenger
So is Lisa Fisher part of the problem? This is the first time I've seen her name brought up during this. I know she's been at Danville for several years, not always as AD, but in some capacity.
-
Danville fires Clay Clevenger
I understand what you are saying, but this quote from the Advocate Messenger may suggest he could stay. “You know I don’t know,” Clevenger said. “I’ve had some people reach out with some opportunities. I could go out and be a head coach tomorrow if I would go for an interview. At the end of the day, our family is from Danville. We have really strong roots here. To pick things up and move away from that just to satisfy my needs would be selfish and would not be fair to them. It will be a family decision. I have to do what is best for my family.”
-
Open Job: Danville
This was written by a former teammate of Coach Clevenger shortly after the 2017 state title. The writer holds 3 state championship rings as a player for the ADS and is a dear friend of mine. Ghost In Blue Memory #10: Clay Clevenger : A native son. He inherited a football program from a coaching legend. The coaching legend that molded him into an All-State lineman for the Admirals. He played on two undefeated teams and just led another as its head coach. I could stop there, I suppose, and everyone would draw an accurate conclusion about the caliber of man I am writing about. But to stop there is an injustice to him, his family, and the players he coached to victory this Saturday and over his entire coaching tenure for that matter. That glosses over the steadfast commitment, thoughtful compassion, and insightful mentorship he gives to his players. If you see him driving at 5:30 a.m. during the off season, I guarantee you he has a truck full of players headed towards the weight room for 6 a.m. preseason workouts. Not because he needs to drag them out of the house, but otherwise they can't come. Clay realizes football is about so much more than winners and losers. He knows it is a meaningful opportunity for developing young men into strong adults that one day will be great husbands and fathers. He inspires and encourages the players and holds a high standard that produces critical discipline, but he delivers it with compassion and useful lessons built in. I observed this one morning in the weight room during an offseason workout as his team prepared for the 2016 season. He pointed out a player going through a demanding powerlifting regime that didn't appear to be doing his best. He walked over and stood in front of the young man and demanded he do what he was capable of instead. He was firm and relentless until the kid was past the mental block and performed to his highest capability. He came back over to me with a big smile on his face and said, "He is going to be great! You should see him play! I think he can be D 1" He was so excited for the kid and being able to help him, he was almost oblivious to the fact he had to get in the kid's wheel house to perform. He gives every young man that is willing to commit the opportunity to benefit from his program. Talent does not matter. He is a true man of character that dedicates his life to fostering the same enduring bond with his community that he shares with his own family. The most visible proof of this is the '17 Admirals who earned a place in the "Best of All-time" conversation Saturday. But the true testament to Clay's greatness will be years from now when successful fathers and husbands return to their old stomping ground and with a hug and slap on the back say "Thanks Coach, I wouldn't be where I am today without you."
-
Casey County - 2021 Schedule
Holy Cross game is the Forcht Bank Bowl in Campbellsville Garrard Co. game is Bob Allen Pig Skin Classic in Danville
-
Adair County - 2021 Schedule
The PAC looks a lot different than it use to. Berea, Casey Co. Eminence, Caverna, and I believe Edmonson Co are a few that use to compete in the conference. Adair and Metcalfe are the only two teams on this list that I remember competing in the PAC back in the 80's & 90's. Hart Co vs Adair Co is a district game.