Casey County 28 Garrard County 22

14 hours ago, Nuke LaLoosh said:

Casey's Coach Stonebreaker done something he rarely does, he ran the ball a lot!  45 rushing attempts and only 5 passing attempts.  Enoyable game to watch.  Garrard's QB is tough and needs to be running the ball more often IMO.

Casey dominated the line of scrimmage for most of the game. Their size on the offensive line, combined with the size of their tailback and fullback, meant the Rebels got five yards almost every carry. I kept thinking if Garrard could force a turnover they could get the win but Casey took care of the ball and ate up clock extremely well all evening.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, WOFOJP61 said:

Great back and forth game. Casey’s defense held in the red zone in the closing seconds of the game to get the win. 

I think Garrard had a delay of game on 3rd down which pushed them back five yards. Those extra yards were huge when Quisenberry came up a yard short on the 4th down play.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Statsdontlie said:

Garrard County dont have that physical back that they are use to having. The running back for Casey County was a load! 

Garrard does have good speed though and they are a young team.  Future looks promising for them IMO.  Casey's RB is a young senior.  He will graduate at 17.  I was hoping he would take the extra year they offered but he opted not to.