Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Quote the Coach

Featured Replies

Every good football coach has certain motivational or teaching statements that they repeat constantly to drive points home to their players. What are some of your favorites from coaches that you know? If possible give the coach proper credit and tell what coach, that said, or says it.

 

Two that I used every year I coached youth football:

 

"The difference between good and great, is the 'little' things."

-Bill Tom Ross, former coach at Raceland

 

"Attitude is a 'little' thing, that makes a big difference."

- I don't know where I got it, but I used it.

  • Replies 68
  • Views 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • "Well, we didn't block real good but we made up for it by not tackling."         - John McKay, the first coach of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, during the inaugural season of 1976 when the Bucs endu

  • “Don’t think. It hurts the ball club. “ - Coach Roger Gruneisen , Paris HS 

  • Coach Preston
    Coach Preston

    "Work Wins" - Marty Jaggers  I still use it today. "Hey Diddle Diddle here we come up the middle" ; I first heard Jerry Perry say it way back in the 90's. I still use it today. 

"Well, we didn't block real good but we made up for it by not tackling."

 

 

 

 

- John McKay, the first coach of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, during the inaugural season of 1976 when the Bucs endured a 0-14 record.

"Well, we didn't block real good but we made up for it by not tackling."

 

 

 

 

- John McKay, the first coach of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, during the inaugural season of 1976 when the Bucs endured a 0-14 record.

He was the same coach that when asked about his team's execution, he said "I'm all for it!"

Excuses are a poor patch on the garment of failure.

Can't recall the coach but my dad quotes one who said there's three things that can happen when you pass the ball, and 2 of them are bad.

  • Author
Can't recall the coach but my dad quotes one who said there's three things that can happen when you pass the ball, and 2 of them are bad.

 

University of Texas coach Darrell Royal. But, it's often said that Woody Hayes said it too.

  • Author
Coach to the ref: Are you SERIOUS?????

 

Dang flabbit.

I can't remember the college coach but it was after a bad beating............."Those of you that need showers go ahead and take one!"

We're not big but we're slow. Johnny Majors

"I'm a man, I'm 40!" - Coach Gundy at Oklahoma State?

 

The entire Mike Singleterry rant after his first game as a coach with the Vernon Davis incident?

Coach P. of Monroe does not like records. So they strive every week to be 1-0...he is constantly telling them to play at the next level !!! Good Sayings...

One of my all time favorites:

 

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." -- Mark Twain

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.