Quote the Coach

Ram

"Luck is simply preparation meeting opportunity." Ron Meyer (but I'm sure others have said it)

"Son, you are so slow you couldn't catch a bear in a telephone booth." Garnis Martin, legendary coach at Bardstown (young folks, use your Google machine to figure out what a telephone booth is)

When asked to describe the attributes of his defensive linemen, this coach gave the typical descriptions of "fast off the snap...", "...quick to the ball"...."wraps up well", etc, etc., etc., until he got to one particular lineman, he simply described in this fashion:

"(player's name), he's just downright slobbering nasty!"

Uttered in 1984 by then-Oldham County Head Coach Terry Bean, and still one of my favorite all-time coach quotes...

While I know we are quoting football coaches, and this is a football forum, I can't help but quote possibly the greatest coach of all time, and a great teacher as well. John Wooden.

Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should have accomplished with your ability. If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?

If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?

And my favorite John Wooden Quote: Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.

John Wooden