Everything posted by Metcalfe2010
-
South Warren/Covington Catholic (5A Championship) Updates
South has dominated every phase of the game to this point.
-
How many people will be attending a title game this weekend?
I’ll be at all six.
-
If all schools consolidated into one school per county, whose the best?
If every county had every school in the county consolidate into one school who would be the best teams? Obviously Jefferson County would be incredible. Also Fayette and Warren would be very good. What would be your top 5-10? I’m not real familiar with what county schools out east are so I’m sure I left a couple out.
-
4th Region
Franklin got hurt during football. No one is saying that BG or WC won’t win the region. In my opinion, the two best players in the region are Harlan and Clements. Boyd is top 5. Brents, Stockton, Mason, Bandy, big kid from Todd, and I’m sure two more from somewhere in Warren County would round out my top 10. No particular order there other than top two.
-
Class 5A Region Final: Owensboro at South Warren
South is on a collision course with Cov Cath. I don’t think they will be denied their trip to Lexington.
-
Walton-Verona Bearcats vs Glasgow Scotties
I have seen both play and honestly I’d be shocked if Glasgow doesn’t win. They’re just much bigger and will rush for a ton of yards. In my opinion, the only way it’s in doubt is if Glasgow turns it over. However, I’ve been wrong before, good luck to both.
-
Metcalfe County/Walton-Verona Updates
This game further confirms my belief that the running clock should be 35.
-
Will we see any First round upsets in 1A?
My apologies. I seen first round upsets and stopped there.
-
Class 2A Playoffs: #10 Walton-Verona vs. Metcalfe County
Metcalfe is a very young team. The Hornets have blown, I believe, four second half leads this season. They have a bright future ahead of them but I wouldn’t expect this one to be very close (hope I’m wrong). I’ll be making the long drive up there for this one. If anyone else will be in attendance I’d like to meet some of the folks on here. Hopefully it won’t be too wet.
-
Will we see any First round upsets in 1A?
Don’t be shocked if Allen County plays Logan County very close or possibly pulls the upset.
-
First Round Pairings in bracket order with records
I wouldn’t be shocked to see Allen County beat Logan County.
-
5A #2 South Warren at 2A #4 Owensboro Catholic
SW running clock. They’re just s different beast this season.
-
2A #6 Glasgow at Metcalfe County
Metcalfe is a very young team this season. 5 freshmen start on offense, most effective WR prior to injury is a sophomore, and best player whose ran QB most of the year is a sophomore. The freshman class was very successful through little league and middle school and added a QB to the class whose also taken snaps at the varsity level this season as well. Metcalfe has been in most of the games they’ve played in this season including blowing leads in several of them in the second half. Also it helps that Glasgow and Monroe will be gone from the district starting next season.
-
5A #2 Bowling Green at #3 South Warren
I think SW is better than BG this year. I believe Lacy will control the line of scrimmage and not give the BG QB any time. I may be wrong but I just have a feeling that SW wins relatively comfortably.
-
2A #6 Glasgow at Metcalfe County
This will be a quick one. Glasgow is just a lot better than the young Hornets. Bright days ahead for Metcalfe but not this week.
-
Marshall County Hoopfest 2018 schedule
I was hoping to have to opportunity to see Oak Hill again this year. Anyone know why they’re not attending this season?
-
Harmon ineligible?
If he was moving strictly for athletic purposes he would’ve gone to Scott County or Trinity or a school with state championship hopes. Regardless the kid should be allowed to play where he wants to play no matter what his reasoning is.
-
2A #5 Glasgow at 4A #2 Franklin-Simpson
Have seen both teams. To me the difference in the game will be if Glasgow will throw the ball successfully. FS will stack the box to try to negate Glasgow’s massive offensive line which should leave some one on ones for Glasgow receivers. FS will have the speed advantage so Glasgow will have to do their best to contain them. I look for this to be a very competitive game. A blow out either way would be a surprise to me
-
Who are the Top 5 Football Teams in Kentucky?
South Warren has to be close to number 5 at least
-
3A Adair County at 2A Metcalfe County Predictions
Hopefully Metcalfe can pull this one out on Homecoming. Very young team this season so wins may come few and far between but this is one that is definitely winnable
-
Campbellsville 36 Metcalf County 2
CVille had way too much speed for Metcalfe Saturday night.
-
AAU Football state wide just like basketball? Who supports it?
Seems it would put a lot more unnecessary hits on young players IMO
-
Warren Central 2018/2019
Brents and Boyd will be big difference makers for Central. Adding those two to that 2020 class makes them very good for the next two seasons.
-
Longest Winning Streaks (entering 2018)
Obviously not the standard of the teams mentioned but don’t be shocked if Clinton County gets very close to running the table this year. Basically everyone back and a weak schedule.
-
Summer High School Boys Tournament at KBA June 14-17
Reading this thread seems like Clinton County had a very good showing. Didn’t see a report on here where they lost?