Longest Winning Streaks (entering 2018)

gchs_uk9

We do this every year so lets have a look at the longest winning streaks for Kentucky high schools entering the 2018 season:

1. Trinity - 30 games

2. Covington Catholic - 15

3. Danville - 15

4. Boyle County - 12

5. Franklin-Simpson - 10

6. Beechwood - 8

The following eight schools won their last regular season game in 2017 but failed to make the playoffs so they enter this season with a winning streak of one game:

Betsy Layne

Clinton County

Iroquois

Marshall County

Nelson County

Pendleton County

Russell County

Sheldon Clark

My half baked predictions...

Trinity - The front half of their schedule is brutal, to say the least. I'm thinking their streak doesn't make it past Warren Central (IN). Streak ends at 31.

Covington Catholic - They handled all the good teams on this schedule a year ago. Supposedly, Chatard returns a lot of starters from last year and is expected to be very good this season. Despite that, all in all, I like their chances of running the table. I do believe BG and South Warren are within reach of the Colonels, though. Streak makes it to at least 25, with playoff path to be determined.

Danville - If Corbin doesn't get them in Week 1, I think Boyle will a week later. Streak ends at 16, 17 at the most.

Boyle County - Ballard has loads of talent and Danville and LexCath are huge rivalry games, but I don't see anyone tripping them up. In fact, I think they go unbeaten all the way through Kroger Field and run the streak to 27.

Franklin Simpson - E-Town in Week 0 could be a tricky hurdle to clear. South Warren two weeks later will be too high a hurdle, imo. Streak ends at 12.

Beechwood - Week 3 vs. Corbin should be a barnburner. Even if they win that one, I don't think they can get past CovCath. Streak ends at 10, 11 at the most.