Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

HSBballfan24

Former Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by HSBballfan24

  1. I'm not a Cov Cath supporter. I am definitely not a fan of the style of basketball where finesse and skill are taken out of the equation. Basketball is supposed to be poetry in motion and right now that's not what I have seen out of Highlands.
  2. BullyBirds is right...If the officials let this game be a football game like the Cov Cath game was then Highlands wins. If they actually make the teams play basketball, I'll take Newport.
  3. Just my opinion: 1. Cooper - defense defense defense 2. Highlands - Most impressive win of the season so far 3. Beechwood - most consistent team offensively (except see #1) 4. Covington Catholic - guard play is a mess 5. Newport - lack of depth but 3 good scorers 6. Conner - young ones coming together 7. NCC - beat St. Henry and Lloyd 8. Lloyd - unknown still but shows promise 9. Holy Cross - handled Scott Saturday 10. Holmes - no big win yet 11. St. Henry 12. Dixie Heights 13. Ryle 14. Ludlow
  4. GRC looks lost at times and seems to be playing too many bodies. No one is getting in a rhythm.
  5. I’d go with Walton, SK, then Grant as well. As the old saying goes, you live by the 3 and you die by the 3. I don’t see it lasting for Grant as they faded down the stretch last season too. Oldham is not the team they have been. I saw them play earlier this year and their press isn’t as effective in forcing tempo and turnovers.
  6. How many 3s did Oldham hit total? This team loves to send it up from outside. Hard to beat a team that hits 3s like they do.
  7. Harrison County loses to Grant County last night...what is going on down there?
  8. Colonel good work but Williamstown is 0-1 in 32nd District play. I believe they are 2-0 in NCKC play.
  9. Holding my judgement on Holmes until after they play Newport. Their 3 wins are against teams with a combined record of 3-10. And I think they got off to similar starts the last two seasons too.
  10. This score is shocking to me. I thought Ryle would turn the corner this year. That being said, it's just week 2.
  11. PG position in 9th is very talent depleted this season. I don't know of but 3-4 that I would consider as able to be considered the top PG in the 9th. Miller - Newport Disken - Cov Cath Wahl - Holy Cross Karim - Dixie
  12. In my opinion, that was a tough game to watch. Too much physical play and not enough “basketball” being played. Every other level is moving to a more free flow style and in high school we have to watch games where kids can’t shoot or handle a ball but by God they can push you under the basket for a rebound. Just my opinion.
  13. I think Scott is going to have a few rough years after this one.
  14. Are you implying no one in their district can compete?
  15. My thoughts after processing it all: 1) Cov Cath uniforms are horrendous 2) what’s the deal with Cov Cath lining up facing their opponent during intros? 3) lex Cath will struggle against top teams in the 11th 4) Cov Cath has more holes than i thought
  16. I like Allen but don't see him breaking the record. Williamstown is very weak and Scott isn't known for their incredibly good defense.
  17. If I was Lex Cath, I'd be submitting the video to KHSAA about that kid if it is true he threw an elbow. They can retroactively punish him for it. No excuse for it to happen if it did.
  18. Hanging with a team means you have a shot to win the game. Beechwood has no chance. Draud is great but he’s a year away from being called unstoppable.
  19. They cannot hang with the team from Park Hills.
  20. 5 - Scott County 3 - Madison Central 3 - Owensboro Catholic 1 - GRC 1 - Cooper 1 - Knott County Central 1 - Christian County 1 - Ashland 1 - Glasgow 1 - Marion County Tiebreaker - 146
  21. Different level of competition too. Brossart doesn’t have a D1 players or anything close to it.
  22. With only 4 seniors, I think next year is SK's year in the 8th. They will have a hard time winning their district let alone compete for the region this year.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.