Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

HSBballfan24

Former Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by HSBballfan24

  1. We will agree to disagree. I’ve heard firsthand what kind of “tough love” he gives and that is not acceptable today. Even his own previous assistant coaches won’t stand behind him.
  2. I would agree with this. Newport will be the #2 team in the region next season, pushing Cov Cath for #1.
  3. I believe this has turned into a mediocre job in the 9th. They're losing 6 seniors from this year's roster, younger levels haven't had much success, and the school is getting smaller in population. I will reiterate that I do not believe Carr is the right person for this job. On top of his incident at Scott, his head coaching experience is not in a school like Holmes. I will most likely be wrong as Holmes already hired him as an Assistant Principal.
  4. Every team in the NCAA gets to make it to the postseason through their conference tournaments. Each team in the district tournament is trying to get into their region tournament so I think this is an ok practice. Especially considering there is only 1 state champion. Stop complaining. If it isn't broke, don't try to fix it. Ask any Indiana high school basketball traditionalist and they will tell you the worst thing they ever did was move to class basketball.
  5. Carr would not be good at Holmes. Wimzie would be the best option out of the two.
  6. NCC will squeak out a win. Their experience on the floor and I give the coaching advantage to the Thoroughbreds.
  7. The big story in this game is this most likely will be the end of one of the coaches tenure at their school. Coach Listerman is retiring from Holmes at the end of the season and I have heard that Coach Schrand will step away to spend time watching his sons at the next level.
  8. 9th Region is historically a lot more difficult than the 8th to get out of. Plus, depending on the district, these two teams would have a more difficult time making it to the region tournament. I'm just saying that going against Grant County and Williamstown to get to the region tournament is more appealing than going against Cooper, Conner, Ryle, and Boone County.
  9. List of assistants I see that could be head coaches soon enough: Nathan Browning - Boone County Travis Rasso - Ryle (Not sure if he wants to be one though) Andre Riddick - Conner Corey Sorrell - Covington Catholic Ross Hart - Beechwood Brandon Grammer - Holmes Bud Wimzie - Holmes (not sure he wants that role) Andre McClendon - Holy Cross (taking over for Schrand?) Ryan Borkowski - Walton Verona Nick Boerning - Newport These are just ones that I know.
  10. So, 3 out of your top 4 just so happen to all sit on the same bench? No way this could be a biased opinion.
  11. So, 3 out of your top 4 just so happen to all sit on the same bench? No way this could be a biased opinion.
  12. Have the folks in Hoptown grown impatient of the Haworth teams? Doesn't seem like they're getting the transfers they used to get and the players they have may not be developing to compete with the better teams in the region.
  13. Coach Listerman has been around a long time. Hard to imaging the 9th Region without his presence. I hope they make it to BB&T this year for a final appearance for Coach L. It will be interesting to see what route the Bulldogs take after he is gone but that's for a different time.
  14. Is this not the norm at GC? Don't know a whole lot about the program but when were they a "good BB team"?
  15. I think the bracket sets up well for a 10th region team to make the final four. I think GRC has the most pieces and depth to make a run in the 10th Region Tournament.
  16. I think the Scott County v. Trinity would be the key game to the whole bracket. Trinity's loss on paper to Madison Central is puzzling but they were without one of their best players, Powell, out and on the road. I would take Trinity in the matchup.
  17. Elite 8 S. Laurel v. Trinity Warren Central v. John Harden GRC v. Collins Cov Cath v. Fern Creek Final 4 Trinity v. John Harden GRC v. Cov Cath Championship Trinity v. Cov Cath
  18. Here's a look at a way too early bracket projection after the draw today: (13)S. Laurel v. (14)Knott Co. Central (11)Scott Co. v. (7) Trinity (12)Mercer Co. v. (4)Warren Central (15)Pikeville v. (5)John Hardin (2)Christian Co. v. (10)George Rogers Clark (8)Collins) v. (1)McCracken County (3)Owensboro v. (9)Covington Catholic (6)Fern Creek v. (16)Ashland
  19. I think that there are some cases where if a math or science teacher are in a coaching position it would be hard to fire them as a coach because you fear losing them as a teacher. There are other scenarios too. Here is one, and I don't think this coach should be fired or even considered for replacement so I won't name the school. Coach is an assistant principal at a school where high expectations for their basketball team have been in place. Team has been expected to win the region on several occasions but have had trouble even winning their district as of late. This coach will not only not be let go ever but they will pick their replacement from their staff.
  20. Size and talent is way too much for Scott to handle. Cov Cath by 25.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.