Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Open Job: Holmes

Featured Replies

Will it be Brad Carr? What about John Wimzie? Can anyone rebuild the Bulldogs program, or is this a job most coaches will stay away from?

  • Replies 152
  • Views 35.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • I'm thinking Kevin is quite pleased with his stable of athletes going forward, and after having paid his dues getting to this point would like to stay and reap some of the rewards in the City of Beaut

I think Brad Carr will apply and would not be a terrible choice as he understands what all it involves.

 

Got to believe the Brandon Grammar will apply without question.

 

How about Ben Franzen out of CovCath? I could even see Rod Snapp putting in for this job.

I believe this has turned into a mediocre job in the 9th. They're losing 6 seniors from this year's roster, younger levels haven't had much success, and the school is getting smaller in population.

 

I will reiterate that I do not believe Carr is the right person for this job. On top of his incident at Scott, his head coaching experience is not in a school like Holmes. I will most likely be wrong as Holmes already hired him as an Assistant Principal.

Brad Carrs un less he turns it down.

 

This is completely false.

I believe this has turned into a mediocre job in the 9th. They're losing 6 seniors from this year's roster, younger levels haven't had much success, and the school is getting smaller in population.

 

I will reiterate that I do not believe Carr is the right person for this job. On top of his incident at Scott, his head coaching experience is not in a school like Holmes. I will most likely be wrong as Holmes already hired him as an Assistant Principal.

 

Unfortunately, I agree with you that is not a top level coaching position anymore as the talent level has run dry which is especially linked to the dwindling student enrollment.

I think Brad Carr will apply and would not be a terrible choice as he understands what all it involves.

 

Got to believe the Brandon Grammar will apply without question.

 

How about Ben Franzen out of CovCath? I could even see Rod Snapp putting in for this job.

 

Snapp isn’t going anywhere, anytime soon.

Snapp isn’t going anywhere, anytime soon.

 

I would agree with this. Newport will be the #2 team in the region next season, pushing Cov Cath for #1.

I would agree with this. Newport will be the #2 team in the region next season, pushing Cov Cath for #1.

 

Gonna have to find someone to take Burries role, but they other than that, everyone will be back and they’ll have some quality depth too.

IMO it will not be Brad Carr.

I will reiterate that I do not believe Carr is the right person for this job. On top of his incident at Scott, his head coaching experience is not in a school like Holmes. I will most likely be wrong as Holmes already hired him as an Assistant Principal.

 

I disagree. I think that Brad Carr is the perfect man for the job.

 

He is a Holmes graduate, so he knows the environment.

 

I believe that he is the "tough love' kind of coach that the players at Holmes would respond and relate favorably to.

 

He is no-nonsense and everyone would be on the same page. John Wimsey would serve as the "good cop" and keep everyone aligned, and the team would maximize their potential, whatever potential that might be.

 

Here's one vote for Brad Carr!!!!

  • Author
I disagree. I think that Brad Carr is the perfect man for the job.

 

He is a Holmes graduate, so he knows the environment.

 

I believe that he is the "tough love' kind of coach that the players at Holmes would respond and relate favorably to.

 

He is no-nonsense and everyone would be on the same page. John Wimsey would serve as the "good cop" and keep everyone aligned, and the team would maximize their potential, whatever potential that might be.

 

Here's one vote for Brad Carr!!!!

 

I agree with you! Unless John Wimzie wants the job, he does not apparently, Brad Carr is the choice. The people who keep bringing up Scott HS and what happened are just anti-Brad Carr. He would be perfect at Holmes!

I agree with you! Unless John Wimzie wants the job, he does not apparently, Brad Carr is the choice. The people who keep bringing up Scott HS and what happened are just anti-Brad Carr. He would be perfect at Holmes!

 

We will agree to disagree. I’ve heard firsthand what kind of “tough love” he gives and that is not acceptable today. Even his own previous assistant coaches won’t stand behind him.

He is the PERFECT COACH for this job. He would ask Coach Wimzie and then get Sam Elsbernd to come home from the Country.

How about Fredrick from CCH. He would be a great hire. Knows the game, can relate well to kids, great passion for hoops.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.