Open Job: Holmes

Any coaches on the girls side interested in this job?

I could see someone from Bracken County apply. ;)

Here are a few names that I'll throw out from possible coaches from the girls that might entertain a move to the boys:

1) Tony Perkins - did he really retire?

2) Ryan Bowman - Boone County

3) Kes Murphy - Holy Cross

Once again, I wouldn’t hire Carr just based on his off the court issues. And from what I’m hearing we’ve only heard the tip of the iceberg.

I had two kids play for Coach Carr and that equates to close to 200 games I had a front row seat. Since you used the iceberg analogy here is what lies below the water.

Coach Carr regularly kept kids at Scott who needed basketball more than basketball needed them. He engaged these kids where it would have been easier to cut ties. The majority of these kids would have never made it to graduation without Coach Carr and the basketball program. More often than not these were kids who didn't make headlines on the court or blow up a boxscore.

Coach Carr regularly kept kids who would not have made the team at any other school in the area because they were really good kids and he felt they elevated the program in ways other than basketball.

What lies beneath the water is much more significant than the tip of the iceberg that you mentioned and not in the direction you are pointing.

If Coach Carr wants to coach again I would hope that whomever is looking at your iceberg looks below that waterline.

Brad Carr would do a great job at Holmes. He is an excellent coach, motivator, and leader. Throughout life, everyone makes mistakes.

The Scott job was a huge loss for him. But, we learn from losses. Pick up the pieces and make the most out of your next opportunity. I think the folks at Holmes know a thing or two about giving someone a second chance.

So, Carr is the only name that is being talked about in connection with this job? Hard to fathom considering it was just 8 years ago when Booher took over a program that was top 10 in the state. I bet when he applied there were over 50 applicants. How many will apply this time? Who realistically has a chance at this job? What does the future look like on Madison Ave.?

Since Brad is an administrator (asst principal at the middle school), can he even apply? I know some school districts have that rule. Can administrators be coaches in Covington Independent Schools? If not, would he give up a principal position to become the basketball coach??