Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

HSBballfan24

Former Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by HSBballfan24

  1. Depends on if McGuire can play. If not, I see this as a close contest but Cooper gets the win 56-49. If McGuire plays, Newport wins by 5.
  2. And I'm not a PC hater, I actually like Belcher a lot. Just questioning some games on a schedule. Are those three schools "rivals"? Maybe replace one of them with Simon Kenton.
  3. Since you're putting it out there, I would also never schedule Williamstown, St. Pat, or Augusta (except when they were good). The others are usually better than they are showing this season. Once again, my opinion and has nothing to do with a one-year blowout. Last year's results for example: Bracken -8 Nicholas +25 (but a district opponent so you have to) Augusta +10 St Pat DNP (wouldn't either) Harrison +7 (in season) -8 (in postseason) Bourbon +19 Mason +20 (but it's Mason County) Robertson +24 (district opponent) Williamstown +10 St Henry -4
  4. I think you are mistaken that they will start thinking about coaching changes. Schools rarely fire coaches for on the court performance anymore. If they did, there would have been several openings over the past ten years. Think about the last two seasons. Dixie - Chevalier retired Lloyd - Key took principal position Scott - (10th region but NKY) Carr, forced to resign for off the court issues Conner - Hicks promoted to athletic director NCC - Dawn retired...again 4 Team Analysis from 2013-2014 Team A - 61-78 (1 Region Appearance) Team B - 51-84 (2 Region Appearances) Team C - 46-77 (1 Region Appearance) Team D - 64-69 (0 Region Appearances) One might argue all 4 teams have been in need of a change.
  5. I don't disagree that games get contracted out, but it is normally a two year contract. My point is that PC should never play Calvary. I don't think it does anything for either program. That's my opinion and may be wrong.
  6. My question is why PC, with a talent like Allen, would want to play Calvary Christian? What do they have to gain? This is that horrible scheduling coaches do to get "guaranteed wins". This does not help them prepare for districts or more importantly region.
  7. Glad to see Listerman end all speculation with the "is he retiring". This group of players is not as talented as Holmes in the past and hopefully the school sees that as well. It will be interesting to see who takes over next season.
  8. Not bad but I have to disagree on some of them. 1. Covington Catholic 2. Cooper 3. Newport 4. Boone County - I would still take Newport over Boone head to head 5. NCC - they're almost at full strength and losses came when pieces were missing or hurt. 6. Holy Cross - Feb. 10 is the day this team is focused on to avoid Cov Cath in round 1. 7. Holmes - winning on the road v. Beechwood puts them over the Tigers. One bad loss on the year, at Holy Cross. Have beat Newport, Highlands, and Beechwood. Will learn more about them this week after Dixie and Cooper games. 8. Beechwood - great All-A win but losses to Lloyd, Conner, and Dixie are hurting them. Be interesting to see how they compete against Cov Cath. 9. Dixie - no real impressive wins so far. Their wins have come against opponents with a 39.9% winning percentage. Smart scheduling for a first year coach. 10. Highlands
  9. Has there been a more disappointing team in the state than Anderson County?
  10. A top 10 team in the state to only attempt 3 shots in a quarter is awful Basketball. Shot clock please!!!!
  11. Watching a team hold the ball the whole 4th quarter is bad.
  12. Never wanted a shot clock so badly in my life.
  13. I believe it went a little beyond "tough on some kids". Bob Knight coaching doesn't work anymore.
  14. The talent level at Holmes is way down from its great run in the early 2000s. Also, I would argue that Coach Listerman's best days are behind him. But those who think Brad Carr, that is who I've heard about, is going to take over and bring this program back may be in for a rude awakening. I am not sure if I would want him in charge after the way and reason he was let go at Scott.
  15. Classification doesn't work for Kentucky because we don't have enough schools. We have 270 that compete in boys basketball. Ohio has 4 classifications that average out to 200 schools per class. If Kentucky did something like this, it would be more of a rural and urban/suburban classification than anything. Over 50% of the schools in the top class (footballs classes 4, 5, and 6) would come from Northern Kentucky, Louisville, Lexington, and the 4th Region. Setting up districts for this would be a nightmare travel wise. This would costs school more money (I know it works in football but you have way less games). Classes in Kentucky is a bad idea.
  16. 7 - Campbell County 5 - Covington Catholic (Sunday @ NKU) 3 - Covington Holy Cross 2 - Fleming County 1 - Bracken County TB - Campbell County
  17. I like coach McFarland a lot off the floor but not sure of his ability to motivate or coach these kids at Ryle. I know he does the 6:00am workouts and does the camps but it isn't producing a winning product. I am guessing parents are fine with it though because it would be a lot "louder" on this site or from the stands.
  18. How do you think that “bigger” school feels about losing to Highlands?
  19. Cooper is actually 7th in the 9th Region in scoring, 2nd in defensive scoring, and 1st in point differential. This isn't "bad basketball". I think you could argue Ryle is playing "bad basketball". They are 16th in scoring, 10th in defensive scoring, and 16th in point differential. I point them out because they have 1800 students and are having problems finding basketball players compared to Cooper who is right down the road and roughly only 1200 students.
  20. I didn’t know Pangallo and McDaniel were injured. Hope it’s not too serious.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.